Atos Project Management Scheme 2015 Assessment Centre Watch

abzsster
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi

Has anyone been to an assessment centre for the graduate scheme at Atos? I have made it through to the next stage but I am not sure what to expect. Can anyone please share their experience.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
benjii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by abzsster)
Hi

Has anyone been to an assessment centre for the graduate scheme at Atos? I have made it through to the next stage but I am not sure what to expect. Can anyone please share their experience.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi!

How did this go for you?
I've got an assessment centre for the same scheme next week so would love to hear about your experience!

Thanks a lot
Spongebob'sPants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by benjii)
Hi!

How did this go for you?
I've got an assessment centre for the same scheme next week so would love to hear about your experience!

Thanks a lot
Hey, i'm not the OP, but i attended an assessment centre for this scheme in July last year.

When you arrive, you are held at reception till everyone turns up. There will be other candidates there sitting around, so try to make some small talk with whoever is there, just to break the ice and ease your own nerves.

Once everyone has arrived, you get taken upstairs and all sit down in a meeting room. Here you'll meet all the assessors, introduce yourself and state which scheme you're on (not everyone is applying for the exact same thing). You'll also each have your individual timetables; you're split up into groups, and each group follows the same timetable.

For my first task, I participated in a group discussion. We got a sheet of information and given 5 minutes to read it and make notes on it. We were told then to discuss the objective and draw up a project plan. The sheet info may have changed, but we were given a scenario where a fictional company were going through an office relocation, and we had to project plan the move, thinking about things like furniture, staff belongings, network infrastructure, etc. The idea was to discuss how and when things would take place, in what order, etc, and to produce a high level project plan (which we drew up on the whiteboard).

My advice here is to make sure you do not interrupt others when they speak. Be encouraging. Try to include the more quiet members into the discussion. Make sure you offer your own original comments and thoughts because you need to be seen as having the confidence to develop and express your own thoughts, etc.

After the group discussion, i did the interviews. The interviews are broken down into two interviews with two different assessors, one folloed by another. The first interview was regarding competencies like you would have done over the phone. I can't quite remember the questions, sorry, but they werent dissimilar to the ones on the phone. I remember being asked to describe a time when i overcame adversity to achieve an outcome. There is information online that gives you an idea of what types of questions will be asked - if you havent done so already, search for it. This interview lasts for probably 15-20 mins... it flies by quickly.

The 2nd interview is with an assessor from your scheme (so in this instance Project Management). Here you'll be asked more in relation to the scheme. For example, i was asked why i applied for PM, Why i aplplied with Atos above their compettors, what my career plans were for the next 5 years, etc. So make sure you have an idea of this. I said i wanted to gain experience in PM, become a senior PM and then move up to manage programmes (so a programme manager is someone who manages a portfolio of projects and project managers).

My advice for the interview stage is to be relaxed! Its quite an informal setting - i know you probably hear this a lot, but its true. They arent trying to trip you up, and will be quite supportive. Try to keep calm, and do a lot of planning beforehand regarding possible competency-based questions. Have solid real life examples that demonstrates how you did XYZ. Also, research Atos, their key/core values (and think of examples which shows u demonstrate these) and also research the industry and also the competitors.

The next task was to develop a PowerPoint presenation. We were given 45 mins or thereabouts for this part. You get a pack of information (which includes things likes emails, reports, messages etc), and you have to understand whats going on and put together a presenation. In the pack I had (and we all had the same thing), there was discussions taking place about developing an analytics tool so that the company could carry out reporting, in order to make more informed business decisions. The pack (which was a physical pack) consisted of different ideas of how this could be done, with different options being proposed, with different prices, benefits, cons, etc.

The presentation was to be delivered to a senior executive who was going to make a decision on what the company was going to do. So from this perspective, I delivered a fairly high level summary of what the current situaiton (problem) was, why we were proposing this new solution, what the options were (costs/benefits/cons) and then offering my advice on what I felt was the best option and why).

Time flies by here, so try to move along at a steady pace. Also, try to structure the presentation into some sort of order as it makes it easier to break it down into chunks (so as you can see, i structured it into order). Make sure you capture the key points. If, like in my case, the presentation is for a senior executive, don't go into minute details. Remember your target audience.

Once the presentation is produced, you'll actually do a role-play exercise where you present your work/presentation to a "senior executive". This is a 5 minute presentation i believe, followed by a 5-10 min Q&A sessions.

Again, just be calm and confident. In the Q&A they are trying to see how you react to testing questions. They will challenge you intentionally. They may ask you a question that you do not have the answer to; again, this is part of the test. Do not panic. Look and remain confident. If you're unsure about what they asked, or dont know the answer, just say "I am sorry, i do not have that information to hand right now. What i will do is find out and get back to you as soon as this meeting is over".

I believe that was all the activities i did. I cant remember if i am missing something out. In between, you get lunch, and the opportunity to mingle with other candidates. You'll also get a chance to see and talk with previous candidates who are now employees - this is a good chance to get a feel for what working at Atos is like. Feel free to ask them anything (literally) - they arent part of the assessment process and wont be feeding anything back to management.

This reminds me, most of the day will be co-ordinated by a couple of girls from HR. You may think they arent that important but its not true - they do feedback on candidates to the assessors. So make sure you are always professional around them.

I hope this has been somewhat helpful! Best of luck
benjii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Spongebob'sPants)

I hope this has been somewhat helpful! Best of luck
Thank you so much for going into such detail! This is incredibly helpful

I'll let you know how i got on! Were you successful?
Spongebob'sPants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you so much for going into such detail! This is incredibly helpful

I'll let you know how i got on! Were you successful?
You're welcome! I'm sure you'll be fine. Just do some research like i sugested..theres info out there

Yes, i got offered the job.
PinkNails
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!

How did this go for you?

Thanks a lot
Hi,

I have a telephone interview for this scheme. Any hints on types of questions you were asked.

Thanks
N
benjii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PinkNails)
Hi,

I have a telephone interview for this scheme. Any hints on types of questions you were asked.

Thanks
N

Hi!
It was very straight forward! They ask you 4 questions - two motivation questions and two competency based questions.

I think everyone is asked "Why Atos?" and "Why your chosen scheme?"
The competency questions are the usual standard ones - Give us a time when....etc I was asked to give a time when i was part of a high performance team and a time where i had to change my approach on a task.

I'd say just prepare lots of good examples, use the STAR technique and you should be more than fine!

Good Luck!
PinkNails
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!
It was very straight forward! They ask you 4 questions - two motivation questions and two competency based questions.

I think everyone is asked "Why Atos?" and "Why your chosen scheme?"
The competency questions are the usual standard ones - Give us a time when....etc I was asked to give a time when i was part of a high performance team and a time where i had to change my approach on a task.

I'd say just prepare lots of good examples, use the STAR technique and you should be more than fine!

Good Luck!

Thanks! I passed the interview just waiting to hear back for AC. How did yours go?
benjii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PinkNails)
Thanks! I passed the interview just waiting to hear back for AC. How did yours go?

That's great, well done!

My AC is tomorrow morning :eek: i'll let you know how it goes
PinkNails
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's great, well done!

My AC is tomorrow morning :eek: i'll let you know how it goes

How did it go? Just got invited to one in two weeks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads