Biomedical Science 2015 entry - HELP!! Watch

to_proscratinate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi.

I've been given an offer to study biomedical science at LJMU.

Can anyone tell me what the teaching standards are like?
Klumby44
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by to_proscratinate)
Hi.

I've been given an offer to study biomedical science at LJMU.

Can anyone tell me what the teaching standards are like?
Bump
LostInYourMusic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,

I graduated last summer (2011 entry) but my year was one of the first (I believe second cohort, I could be wrong) to start the 'new' course.

Overall, the teaching standards are excellent, the lecturers couldn't do more to help you. Wherever you go, you will have favourites and not so favourites, but everyone I met was happy to help. (In fact, as I was friends with a load of forensics students, I may have gone to the pub once or twice with a couple of the lecturers!) The notes/powerpoints are excellent starting points for further reading, which I can't stress enough, the further reading really helps solidify your learning!

The facilities are great; if you know where to go, there's always computers available. Plus most of the labs are new, or are waiting to be refurbished. Being an accredited course means you get to do a good amount of practical work to put the theory into practise, and, of course, means you can go and find a training post once you've graduated. Which the World of Work services really helps with, they run all sorts of training and courses, and they'll help you with applications to further education, jobs and interviews even after you graduate.

Personally, I really enjoyed my time there, it's definitely an up and coming university (Only formed as LJMU in 1992).

Plus the massive Starbucks on site is always a help!

Let me know if you have any more questions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Liverpool John Moores University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • Liverpool John Moores University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 7 Nov '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads