Report 4 years ago
(Original post by superdupernoob)
pikacube!!
WeedCanKill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone who is over the age of 11 and likes it/plays it needs to re-evaluate what they are doing with their life.
TheWiseSalmon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WeedCanKill)
Anyone who is over the age of 11 and likes it/plays it needs to re-evaluate what they are doing with their life.
Anyone who's over the age of eight and still thinks it makes them look cool and grown up to laugh at people who do certain things needs to actually grow up and stop being so immature. Most of us aren't in the playground any longer so that sort of stuff is meaningless now. You don't need to show off in order to impress the "cool kids" any more.

Pokémon are fantastic games. Can't wait for the Ruby and Sapphire remakes at the end of this month.
Balloon Baboon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheWiseSalmon)
Anyone who's over the age of eight and still thinks it makes them look cool and grown up to laugh at people who play certain games needs to actually grow up and stop being so immature. Most of us aren't in the playground any more so that sort of stuff is meaningless now.

Pokémon are fantastic games. Can't wait for the Ruby and Sapphire remakes at the end of this month.
As a gamer I have to agree here. Although, I never played Pokemon, it is still one of the biggest selling games in the world.
WeedCanKill
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheWiseSalmon)
Anyone who's over the age of eight and still thinks it makes them look cool and grown up to laugh at people who do certain things needs to actually grow up and stop being so immature. Most of us aren't in the playground any longer so that sort of stuff is meaningless now. You don't need to show off in order to impress the "cool kids" any more.

Still stand by what I say. It's for kids.
SuperDuperNoob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Lee R)
As a gamer I have to agree here. Although, I never played Pokemon, it is still one of the biggest selling games in the world.
Only second to the Mario series.

somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For me the series went downhill after Black and White. Mega Evolutions sap the tiny bit of remaining challenge in the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
chewey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was my entire childhood lol, I used to have a giant charizard teddy that I adored. I'd still play it now but I have no time.
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's for kids.
The games are more than likely now balanced with people under the age of 18 and over.

(Original post by SuperDuperNoob)
Only second to the Mario series.
That's because Mario is better!
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Great games. Didn't like black and white so much and haven't been able to afford any since then, but the pokemon games are brilliant and I have quite a few at home. Me and my brother nearly completed the entire pokedex in ruby/sapphire/emerald once.

And they're certainly not just for kids.
WeedCanKill
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lee R)
The games are more than likely now balanced with people under the age of 18 and over.
What are you trying to say here? Is this a genuine reply to me? Because my post implied that Pokémon is aimed at kids. Your post implies that equal amounts of kids and adults play it.

Thing is, you can be an adult and play a kids game. That does not negate te fact that it is still a game aimed at kids.

On a side note, it is incredible the amount of people on TSR who can't read. Are you not all supposed to be budding Oxbridge students who will be the future of this country?

God help us.
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you not all supposed to be budding Oxbridge students who will be the future of this country?

No?...
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thing is, you can be an adult and play a kids game. That does not negate te fact that it is still a game aimed at kids.

So, it's ok to play a 'kids' game, or?

You shouldn't assume everyone on TSR is an Oxbridge student. The same way you shouldn't suggest people who play Pokemon over the age of 11 needs to re-evalute what they're doing.
WeedCanKill
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lee R)
So, it's ok to play a 'kids' game, or?

You shouldn't assume everyone on TSR is an Oxbridge student. The same way you shouldn't suggest people who play Pokemon over the age of 11 needs to re-evalute what they're doing.
Where in my first quote does it say it's ok? I only said you "can" play it.

Just like someone "can" go out and rape someone. Does that make it ok?

Are you dense? Are all "gaymurrrrs" like this?
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where in my first quote does it say it's ok? I only said you "can" play it.

Just like someone "can" go out and rape someone. Does that make it ok?

Are you dense? Are all "gaymurrrrs" like this?

That's pretty sad that you believe it's not ok to play this game as entertainment, unless you're aged 11 or under.

I wonder, what do you call a game that is ok to play? or are you against all computer games?

Also, I wouldn't be tempted to question if people are dense after this;

Are you not all supposed to be budding Oxbridge students who will be the future of this country?
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pokemon is a great series of games with a surprising amount of maths involved on calculating statistics such as EVS and IVS etc. Anyone who has played competitively will know this and it is therefore not exclusively a children's game. Yes the main game may be aimed at children but nintendo are starting to acknowledge the competitive aspect of the game and X and Y took that acknowledgment to a whole new level and IMO revitalised the series after the lacklustre black and white
WeedCanKill
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lee R)
That's pretty sad that you believe it's not ok to play this game as entertainment, unless you're aged 11 or under.

I wonder, what do you call a game that is ok to play? or are you against all computer games?

Also, I wouldn't be tempted to question if people are dense after this;

Games that are aimed at kids should be played by kids, games that are aimed at adults should be played by adults, simple.

That question was a stab at the community, an ironic question if you will.

Please don't go to University, I worked hard for my degree. I don't want my degree to be devalued by having someone with your density having BA/BSc next to their name. And Universities could do with less "gaymurrrrr" types wasting places on courses.

You are dense, there is no explaining anything to you because you have the typical teenagers outlook complex. Whereby you are right, everyone is wrong, and you don't understand what people say, only what you want them to say.

Good luck kid, you're REALLY going to need it.
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I worked hard for my degree. I don't want my degree to be devalued by having someone with your density having BA/BSc next to their name...
LL.M, actually. But good luck with your degree.
Asexual Demigod
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What are you trying to say here? Is this a genuine reply to me? Because my post implied that Pokémon is aimed at kids. Your post implies that equal amounts of kids and adults play it.

On a side note, it is incredible the amount of people on TSR who can't read. Are you not all supposed to be budding Oxbridge students who will be the future of this country?

God help us.
Um... I achieved A*A*A* at A Level, study at Cambridge University, and I love playing Pokemon from time to time. Does that make me some sort of child or idiot?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads