So is the new CoD worth it? Watch

C_tinie_D
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am in two minds whether to get this or not for the PS4... I feel all the pro reviews are biased and always have been for CoD.

So anyone on here got an honest opinion? More focusing on the online part of the game
username321708
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Downloading it on PC at the moment, I will report back later and give my opinion of it. It certainly looks more promising than my last CoD game Black Ops. My issue has always been map design and over-powered killstreaks, so I'm interested to see how they are in AW.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got a little review on here for it, mostly just a general overview and slightly geared towards PC; I'm going to be updating it in a minute with a campaign overview, both general spoiler free thoughts and then, obviously in spoiler tags, a less spoiler free set of thoughts relating to it. I'll also be updating it when applicable for the co-op mode and multi player, although they may not come along until the weekend.
C_tinie_D
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
I've got a little review on here for it, mostly just a general overview and slightly geared towards PC; I'm going to be updating it in a minute with a campaign overview, both general spoiler free thoughts and then, obviously in spoiler tags, a less spoiler free set of thoughts relating to it. I'll also be updating it when applicable for the co-op mode and multi player, although they may not come along until the weekend.
Cool where can I see your review?
Any other posts would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: Don't worry Jammy I have just seen it
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by C_tinie_D)
Cool where can I see your review?
Any other posts would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: Don't worry Jammy I have just seen it
Will probably be diving into the co-op mode and a bit of MP after my lectures finish, although probably won't add anything particularly in depth until the weekend if I try both. Likely to mainly be MP tonight, unless it's as bad a ghosts in which case the MP will read "As bad a ghosts, omitted", but I expect they've fixed what was wrong with ghosts (not watched any MP vids or streams)
C_tinie_D
Rep:
?
lol fair enough, I may just bite the bullet and pick it up on the way home tonight...
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would say it's worth getting, but not at these prices. But being on console I guess you'll be waiting a while for it to be cheap, doubt the price is going to crash like it did for Ghosts.
abbi.97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ghosts was so bad its put me off buying AW , anyone got a reason why i should change my mind?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by abbi.97)
Ghosts was so bad its put me off buying AW , anyone got a reason why i should change my mind?
They've basically fixed everything that was wrong with Ghosts (imo), I quite like this one and I'm much more of a battlefield person.
abbi.97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
They've basically fixed everything that was wrong with Ghosts (imo), I quite like this one and I'm much more of a battlefield person.
Which previous cod is the gameplay most similar to? If that can be answered haha
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by abbi.97)
Which previous cod is the gameplay most similar to? If that can be answered haha
Well, they're all pretty similar, I have a review that should be near the top of the gaming section that goes into all sorts of things.
here
the Mp bit is all broken up with headings, really ought to do that for the general overview and campaign bit.
username321708
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
EDIT - Crap I was trying to edit this post but my had internet troubles and I lost it. Anyway, in short, I think the game is fun but I think I will grow bored of it very quickly, as once the initial fun of the exosuit has worn off it's the same old COD grindfest underneath. I regret buying it.
Greg Jackson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
completely gave up on COD after black ops 1, ****ing hated all the stupid gimmicky perks and killstreaks they brought in, I liked cod4 it was simple but so much fun
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I bet Call Of Duty 27 or whatever we're up to now is no different to the rest of them.
Youis Trollin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Havent played cod since bo2 which i prestige mastered in a few months, then i had to quit due to my anxiety disorder, cannot play cod :/ Shame lost all my friends when i quit.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
I bet Call Of Duty 27 or whatever we're up to now is no different to the rest of them.
And it's still the slow progression of the rest, except it takes several steps forward after ghosts few back

Posted from TSR Mobile
HeavyTeddy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
naaah g save your money.

I'm going to finish the campaign and trade in, add a few extra quid and get AC: Unity in a week.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
I don't know whether the game has enough to keep the gameplay fresh, but then again that doesn't concern me as I tend to play a lot of different games at once these days, rather than crush the soul out of a game by playing it all the time like I did with Battlefield 3 on the PS3. One thing I will add is that the ranking system is incredibly fas, too fast in my opinion. I've played TDM and Domination for the last 3 hours and I'm already rank 23....kind of silly.
Must slow down a bit, coz 15 took less than an hour, but I also think there is still the dxp running, not sure when it ends.
The_Last_Melon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got sad when they stopped putting serious effort into the single player campaign. There was something incredibly beautiful about the first Modern Warfare.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The_Last_Melon)
I got sad when they stopped putting serious effort into the single player campaign. There was something incredibly beautiful about the first Modern Warfare.
Some effort seems to be put into this one, it's still nothing compared to MW1 and 2, but it's got some decent length to it and at least some thought put into the plot, and MW 1 and 2 are very hard to beat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads