If a guy start acting markedly 'alpha' when I'm around Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anon cos it's personal to me. I'm a guy, If this guy acts markedly more 'alpha' around some female colleague when I'm around, does it mean he's threatened? Even though I'm not really into this girl at all, I can see she's objectively quite attractive and well dressed, but I don't have any real thing for her. One of those times where you'd be fine with another guy scoring and not be jealous. (Although, maybe this lends you a more casual air than him, if he's really into her, which may bother him and benefit me) Also, would you, girls tend to respond in such a way that you think he's -a)sweet for doing it, or b)overbearing for doing it, or would you be c)turned on by it, or, alternatively, would you want what was out with his 'alpha/controlling' space and start to find the other guy quite mysterious for being around you, a woman who knows she's not unattractive and being not that into her, other than sort of distantly/objectively.

My impression for the record is she's straightforward and just likes the peacockery.
tearteto
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
most guys unconsciously become slightly more combative around women towards other males. other males more than others, but its natural. As a guy i've always found this to be really tiring - hence why I don't like to hang around mixed groups of people - depending on who it is it can end up as just a pissing contest.
indigobluesss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it's rather normal
Anonymous #1
(Original post by R Dragon)
I think it's rather normal
That's not very insightful. Are you female or male?
indigobluesss
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That's not very insightful. Are you female or male?
Does it matter? I told you my opinion, whether you think it's insightful or not is your opinion
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Watch out. Next thing you know, he's gonna try spraying you with his p***.
Anonymous #1
Does it matter? I told you my opinion, whether you think it's insightful or not is your opinion
Yes, it's worth pointing out that a contribution doesn't add anything valuable.
Anonymous #1
So anyway, could it work in my favour? Or does it genuinely just mean being under the radar
The_Last_Melon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't let him attract her at the expense of your own reputation. Put your foot down firmly if he takes liberties. Otherwise let him be with his childish trickery.
indigobluesss
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, it's worth pointing out that a contribution doesn't add anything valuable.
Maybe it does add something valuable, a value that unfortunately you seem incapable of comprehending.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by The_Last_Melon)
Don't let him attract her at the expense of your own reputation. Put your foot down firmly if he takes liberties. Otherwise let him be with his childish trickery.
It's not like that, it's not my domain, it's them who had the original relationship-they work together, I'm a customer. It's not lost territory as it were. And I am not that into her, but I'm into her like any guy is isnt to an objectively good woman, like as in, 'i'd give her a good shagging'.
Anonymous #1
Maybe it does add something valuable, a value that unfortunately you seem incapable of comprehending.

Ok, I knew would take offence in both posts, I was just talking straight, but now I know you are prissy and pedantic and will turn this thread into an endless pissing contest so lets just leave it at that.
The_Last_Melon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not like that, it's not my domain, it's them who had the original relationship-they work together, I'm a customer. It's not lost territory as it were. And I am not that into her, but I'm into her like any guy is isnt to an objectively good woman, like as in, 'i'd give her a good shagging'.
Then let the battle commence. Or don't. I guess the instinctive "i'll shag all" feeling isn't worth acting on. Perhaps let this one slide.
Anonymous #1
Then let the battle commence..
That actually got me a bit fired up. Might give her some eye contact just to wind him up. I think he's really possessive of her, body language wise. When I asked for lemon, with my ice he said 'that might be pushing it, either or' I thought that was weird, smiled and I get the feeling he tried to then make it look like more of a joke than it was, he sounded somehow serious, and then he went and got me some, seeming to be joking. Odd way to be though. Don't think he likes a glance at her from me either. Seems to be monitering the vicinity. I've never really thought of battle as fun, I usually meet women one on one.

Cheers hombre.
The_Last_Melon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That actually got me a bit fired up. Might give her some eye contact just to wind him up. I think he's really possessive of her, body language wise. When I asked for lemon, with my ice he said 'that might be pushing it, either or' I thought that was weird, smiled and I get the feeling he tried to then make it look like more of a joke than it was, he sounded somehow serious, and then he went and got me some, seeming to be joking. Odd way to be though. Don't think he likes a glance at her from me either. Seems to be monitering the vicinity. I've never really thought of battle as fun, I usually meet women one on one.

Cheers hombre.
I did edit btw, but regret it. BATLLELLELELELEL.
indigobluesss
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok, I knew would take offence in both posts, I was just talking straight, but now I know you are prissy and pedantic and will turn this thread into an endless pissing contest so lets just leave it at that.
Ahh, if you thought I would take offense then surely you should be prepared for this

Also, do you even know what prissy means? ._.
Anonymous #1
I did edit btw, but regret it. BATLLELLELELELEL.

Yeah maybe I just tend to underestimate how I could achieve. You know, taking past problems and assuming it's a universal rule, should make more effort.
The_Last_Melon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah maybe I just tend to underestimate how I could achieve. You know, taking past problems and assuming it's a universal rule, should make more effort.
yeah you can't do that bro, gotta attack each new target with unshaking force and aggression, no mercy. Destroy and plunder. Heh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.28%
No - but I will (74)
7.5%
No - I don't want to (69)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (476)
48.23%

Watched Threads