I Have Psychosis, Depression And Asperger's Syndrome Watch

Zaptrollwen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Trying to make a long story short I found out I have depression back in November 2011, I then got diagnosed with Asperger's in September 2012. I am now talking to the Early Intervention Into Psychosis Service. I'm currently taking A Levels and I've had to drop a subject in order to cope with both my counselling and school work. Does anyone have any advice on how to cope with either, or does anyone have Psychosis who can tell me more about it?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zaptrollwen)
Trying to make a long story short I found out I have depression back in November 2011, I then got diagnosed with Asperger's in September 2012. I am now talking to the Early Intervention Into Psychosis Service. I'm currently taking A Levels and I've had to drop a subject in order to cope with both my counselling and school work. Does anyone have any advice on how to cope with either, or does anyone have Psychosis who can tell me more about it?
Creative arts, exercise, good diet, lots of water, enough sleep and at regular times. Avoid triggers, surround yourself with supportive company if possible.
Squaresquirrel
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have schizoaffective disorder, which psychosis is a part of, and am happy to answer any questions you have about psychosis. But it's worth mentioning that it can be very different for different people. Also my knowledge about Asperger's syndrome is very limited. As for treatment therapy can help, especially in the long run, but I found medication is also very important.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads