Asking for a strangers number? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
For example today i had to attend a meeting and randomly spoke to this girl who was also attending.We had a nice conversation and i found her quite attractive. Would it of been weird if i had asked her for her number? Would i have looked needy and desperate even though am not?I felt like i had a genuine connection with her and missed out on a good opportunity to make a new friend.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't ask for numbers until you've had many conversations with her.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shawn_o1)
Don't ask for numbers until you've had many conversations with her.
But i don't think i will ever see them again?
emj1050
  • TSR Group Staff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For example today i had to attend a meeting and randomly spoke to this girl who was also attending.We had a nice conversation and i found her quite attractive. Would it of been weird if i had asked her for her number? Would i have looked needy and desperate even though am not?I felt like i had a genuine connection with her and missed out on a good opportunity to make a new friend.
I say go for it, people can always say no if they like! If you don't you'll never know if they're thinking the same thing. A guy on the street asked me for my number, we've now been together 7 years
C_tinie_D
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emj1050)
I say go for it, people can always say no if they like! If you don't you'll never know if they're thinking the same thing. A guy on the street asked me for my number, we've now been together 7 years
What an inspirational sentence!
1+ rep for the lady restoring faith haha
indigobluesss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thinking back, I usually ask them to add me on fb xD And then maybe ask for their numbers afterwards. But your choice -good luck~
Anonymous #1
(Original post by emj1050)
Next time the opportunity rises I will think of your story and ask!!!!!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by R Dragon)
Thinking back, I usually ask them to add me on fb xD And then maybe ask for their numbers afterwards. But your choice -good luck~
I don't have Facebook so I would have had to ask for the number. I feel like such a p****
babouskha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should've asked her number.
I'd rather have someone I don't know strike up a conversation with me and ask my # after, than someone just asking out of the blue.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by babouskha)
You should've asked her number.
I'd rather have someone I don't know strike up a conversation with me and ask my # after, than someone just asking out of the blue.
Do you think it is creepy/weird/desperate/strange? Has this ever happened to you before?
babouskha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you think it is creepy/weird/desperate/strange? Has this ever happened to you before?
It all depends on how you approach it. Generally speaking, I wouldn't think it would be weird or desperate. Everbody likes making a new friend.

Yes, it has happened to me before. Not since I have come to the UK, tho.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by babouskha)
It all depends on how you approach it. Generally speaking, I wouldn't think it would be weird or desperate. Everbody likes making a new friend.

Yes, it has happened to me before. Not since I have come to the UK, tho.
What do you mean it all depends on how you approach it?
teh-jew
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought asking for peoples number was the norm. As long as you're not pushy about it go for it, and if she's attracted or interested she'll probably find it quite flattering, I do.
Don't be discouraged from doing it again if one girl says no or doesn't want to give out her number. Maybe when asking ask for two platforms so she can pick e.g 'can I have your number or facebook so we can carry on chatting'?. Something along those lines anyway.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by teh-jew)
I thought asking for peoples number was the norm. As long as you're not pushy about it go for it, and if she's attracted or interested she'll probably find it quite flattering, I do.
Don't be discouraged from doing it again if one girl says no or doesn't want to give out her number. Maybe when asking ask for two platforms so she can pick e.g 'can I have your number or facebook so we can carry on chatting'?. Something along those lines anyway.
Would you be offended if you weren't attracted to the person?
Plumstone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Would you be offended if you weren't attracted to the person?
Why would we be offended?! The only thought process leading to someone would be offended is "Oh my God! This disgusting guy thinks that I'm unattractive enough that I might actually give him my number, eurgh!" This is very unlikely and even if it were to happen, frankly, those sorts of people aren't the kind of people whose number you want anyway!

So in answer to your original question - everyone is a stranger until you get to know them, so go for it!

(Just always remember that they don't owe you anything and they reserve the right not to talk to you/give you their number, etc)
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What is wrong with people on TSR! Christ, i hope you have more initiative than this in the workplace.

The answer is yes, if you found her attractive then you should have gone for it.
Yeah dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If the convocation is going well and the vibes are good good, then go for it dude, don't let society put you down by putting on a minimum level you need to reach before you ask her, do what you feel when you feel dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
louieee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Yeah dude)
If the convocation is going well and the vibes are good good, then go for it dude, don't let society put you down by putting on a minimum level you need to reach before you ask her, do what you feel when you feel dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

peace love positive vibes yeah preach it babe
Stinkum
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yes it would have been weird. is she the only girl in the world? no. find someone else. forget about this.
Yeah dude
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by louieee)
peace love positive vibes yeah preach it babe
Blonde chick at the beach pos vibes all round baby, hey how ya doin? Ain't nobody got time for hesitation dudes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads