The Student Room Group

Christian Couple Burned Alive in Pakistan

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Badshah
OP, you wouldn't have started this thread if this hadn't happened in Pakistan.

Yep.

Original post by Badshah
What do you expect from an Indian hindu. Tbh, I hate India too so it's fair. Never forget 1947 and what the Muslims went through at the hands of Hindus and Sikhs.

Kidding me? Continual removal of Hindu Pandits of Kashmir, forced conversion of minorities in pakistan, bengali genocide and you think that Hindus and Sikhs are the aggressors?

Using 1947 is pathetic, everybody suffered, from all communities. I don't need to remind you of the grisly stories of Sikhs killing themselves along the border so they wouldn't face the ravage of Muslims burning down their villages and raping their women. As I said, everyone suffered.

But I know you're not the sharpest tool in the box and the cognitive dissonance is so strong, this probably all reads as gibberish to you. You hate India yet your country still eats Indian food, watches Indian cinema and loves Indian culture. They aren't all as hateful as you.

Original post by Graceful_Lawyer
I kind of agree and disagree too. One of my good friends is Indian and she's amazing. Its just people who are brainwashed and determined to hate Pakistan, just because it Pakistan. What happened in 1947 was extremely sad and obviously as a Pakistani, I would never forget it too. But at the same time I condemn both the actions of Hindus and Muslims too. Hate India when it comes to cricket and politics and certain people who have been told to hate on Pakistan! :smile:

With all due respect dear, I doubt you know much if anything on the history of relations between the two nations.

I don't hate anyone but I know my history and I know what's happening.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
I disagree with Ggmu when he concurred Pakistan shouldn't exist. But you do realise that Sikhs and Hindus were also killed during this time period, right?

Racist nationalists like you are stuck in the past. Instead of learning lessons from history and moving on, people like you continue to hate entire countries for irrational reasons. If an American expressed his hatred for modern Japan due to what happened in WW2, or if a Brit expressed hatred for modern Germany for the same reason, they would rightly be labelled as racists. Why do you think it's appropriate to hate India now?

Grow up!

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't wish India to try to annex Pakistan or something :tongue:. It's spoiled now and will forever be so.

I mean, the grounds for its existence were on religious lines, which were manufactured and false. I find it a tragedy that India was split, and will be split forever. In the years of co-habitance, it's clear that one nation has achieved nothing and never will achieve anything. We have one half of Punjab that's gone to the dogs and one that is prospering, it shouldn't be like that. We shouldn't be having a continual conflict of a region, we shouldn't be suffering from state engineered terrorism. The experiment of two nations has been a thorough failure for all but one, but that still makes it a failure.

Do you believe it was right to split the subcontinent?
Reply 62
OMG! Really? lol haha. :tongue:

I know so many and on 14th of August, me and my siblings put aloud all the Pakistani patriotic songs. Its so fun. We even paint our nails in green and white lol and use mehndi to write Pakistan on our hands. We proper celebrate it. My dadajaan is always the first in front of the tv to watch the ceremony, followed be me and my siblings lol. :biggrin:

We used to proper celebrate it as well in Pakistan. This summer was the first time in 5 years that I actually celebrated Jashn E Azadi. The patakhe, the Pakistani flags, the way you decorate your house. It's so fun. Insha'Allah me and my family will be going again next summer.

Btw ggmu replied to me but I won't be replying back to him. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ggmu!
Yep.

Kidding me? Continual removal of Hindu Pandits of Kashmir, forced conversion of minorities in pakistan, bengali genocide and you think that Hindus and Sikhs are the aggressors?

Using 1947 is pathetic, everybody suffered, from all communities. I don't need to remind you of the grisly stories of Sikhs killing themselves along the border so they wouldn't face the ravage of Muslims burning down their villages and raping their women. As I said, everyone suffered.

But I know you're not the sharpest tool in the box and the cognitive dissonance is so strong, this probably all reads as gibberish to you.

With all due respect dear, I doubt you know much if anything on the history of relations between the two nations.

I don't hate anyone but I know my history and I know what's happening.

Thank you for showing respect and same for you. But seriously!:eek: I don't know about my own history? The history of my land, my dear Pakistan? Brother, I'm not proud of my identity like that, but because I'm aware of my heritage and my history.

I don't hate people too, but you do realise the kind of history Pakistan and India has when in comes to cricket, which isn't meant to be overly serious. And if you don't hate on people, then why would you say that you wish Pakistan never existed?
Original post by Badshah
We used to proper celebrate it as well in Pakistan. This summer was the first time in 5 years that I actually celebrated Jashn E Azadi. The patakhe, the Pakistani flags, the way you decorate your house. It's so fun. Insha'Allah me and my family will be going again next summer.

Ahh lucky you! I haven't been to Pakistan for so many years. But I'm happy that I'm going next year in summer too. Can't wait! And I love the way we celebrate Jashn-e-Azaadi there. Its amazing. All the houses with their green and white flags!

Lol I think we Pakistanis and Indians shouldn't hate or dislike each other at all. But I don't know what to say to you and Gmgu! :confused:
Reply 65
Ahh lucky you! I haven't been to Pakistan for so many years. But I'm happy that I'm going next year in summer too. Can't wait! And I love the way we celebrate Jashn-e-Azaadi there. Its amazing. All the houses with their green and white flags!

Lol I think we Pakistanis and Indians shouldn't hate or dislike each other at all. But I don't know what to say to you and Gmgu! :confused:

When did you last go to Pakistan?

ggmu comes up with rubbish like "I know more than you do." I suggest you don't waste your time with him.
Original post by Badshah
When did you last go to Pakistan?

ggmu comes up with rubbish like "I know more than you do." I suggest you don't waste your time with him.

The last time I went to Pakistan was 2007. Been long. 7 years now. I'm sure a lot has changed by now. You went last this year too, I guess?

Lol I'm actually going to listen to you because he's telling me that I don't know about my own history.

Btw I don't hate Indians or anything. I don't believe in hating on people.
Reply 67
The last time I went to Pakistan was 2007. Been long. 7 years now. I'm sure a lot has changed by now. You went last this year too, I guess?

Lol I'm actually going to listen to you because he's telling me that I don't know about my own history.

Btw I don't hate Indians or anything. I don't believe in hating on people.

Where are you from in Pakistan?

I don't really hate all Indians too myself. Just some prejudiced ones like ggmu.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 68
Thank you for showing respect and same for you. But seriously!:eek: I don't know about my own history? The history of my land, my dear Pakistan? Brother, I'm not proud of my identity like that, but because I'm aware of my heritage and my history.

I don't hate people too, but you do realise the kind of history Pakistan and India has when in comes to cricket, which isn't meant to be overly serious. And if you don't hate on people, then why would you say that you wish Pakistan never existed?

I'm sorry but I've yet to meet more than a handful of Pakistanis with a coherent, chronological knowledge of relations between two nations. It's well known among indians that the one thing Pakistanis suffer from most, is denial. Constant denial of problems and deflecting them onto India or Afghanistan. People are tired of this and you can't expect them to sit back and not tell it how it is. I try to be respectful as I can but I can't say anything without being told I hate someone or the other. You'll find that Afghans say the exact same things I do about Pakistan.

Obviously, cricket is all fun and light hearted. I never take it seriously, except for world cups :biggrin:

When you look at the reason Pakistan was formed, for a 'Muslim homeland' you can see it was a bad idea. In comparison to India, Pakistan hasn't progressed and I can't think of a single thing it gives to the world, or a single great accomplishment for the nation other than nuclear missiles (which was only to spite India and doesn't benefit Pakistanis). It resulted in a genocide in bengal, three wars and a state in disarray.

Sorry to say, but Pakistan has been a failure. When even bangaldesh is looking like it has better prospects, you know the country has severely failed it's people, and the people have failed the region.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Badshah
Where are you from in Pakistan?

I don't really hate all Indians too myself. Just some prejudiced ones like ggmu.

My mum's from Islamabad and dad's from Faisalabad. You're from Lahore, right? I love Lahore! :love:

Well, I even don't hate the prejudice one, they do make me angry but I feel sorry for them. I want to make them understand that hate is not going to be helpful at all.
Reply 70
Original post by Badshah

Roger my boy, we all know you don't reply because you have no knowledge and you've never done any independent reading, your going off what your aunty told you a few years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
I'm sorry but I've yet to meet more than a handful of Pakistanis with a coherent, chronological knowledge of relations between two nations. It's well known among indians that the one thing Pakistanis suffer from most, is denial. Constant denial of problems and deflecting them onto India or Afghanistan. People are tired of this and you can't expect them to sit back and not tell it how it is. I try to be respectful as I can but I can't say anything without being told I hate someone or the other. You'll find that Afghans say the exact same things I do about Pakistan.

Obviously, cricket is all fun and light hearted. I never take it seriously, except for world cups :biggrin:

When you look at the reason Pakistan was formed, for a 'Muslim homeland' you can see it was a bad idea. In comparison to India, Pakistan hasn't progressed and I can't think of a single thing it gives to the world, or a single great accomplishment for the nation other than nuclear missiles (which was only to spite India and doesn't benefit Pakistanis). It resulted in a genocide in bengal, three wars and a state in disarray.

Sorry to say, but Pakistan has been a failure. When even bangaldesh is looking like it has better prospects, you know the country has severely failed it's people, and the people have failed the region.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pakistan is in a political turmoil but this doesn't stop us loving our Pakistan. If you think Pakistan has been a failure, think twice. Do you know Dr Abdus Salam? Do you know Malala Yousafzai? Do you know Atif Mian? The International Monetary Fund (IMF) named Mian as one of 25 young economists who are expected to be most influential in the decades to come. Pakistan has given us identity. Pakistan means a lot to us Pakistanis, just like India for you. And even if in your opinion Pakistan has been a failure, why are bothered? Why do you care? You don't have to say sorry, for you Pakistan might be a failure. But for me, Pakistan is life, my identity and my home.

There's a Pakistani song 'Mauj chalay ya aandhi ayi, diya na bhujnay dena hia, ghar ki khatir so dukh jhalay, ghar tou akhir apna hai'.

We love Pakistan and our love for Pakistan is unconditional. Brother, I would suggest you to stop criticising Pakistan. Just be friends. There's nothing we can get by hating on each other, other than what happened in 1947.
Original post by Badshah
OP, you wouldn't have started this thread if this hadn't happened in Pakistan.

Original post by Arkasia
That's because something barbaric like this is almost exclusive to countries like Pakistan.

Spot on.

The same thing will be happening here soon enough if we don't get rid of all the muslims.
Pakistan is in a political turmoil but this doesn't stop us loving our Pakistan. If you think Pakistan has been a failure, think twice. Do you know Dr Abdus Salam? Do you know Malala Yousafzai? Do you know Atif Mian? The International Monetary Fund (IMF) named Mian as one of 25 young economists who are expected to be most influential in the decades to come. Pakistan has given us identity. Pakistan means a lot to us Pakistanis, just like India for you. And even if in your opinion Pakistan has been a failure, why are bothered? Why do you care? You don't have to say sorry, for you Pakistan might be a failure. But for me, Pakistan is life, my identity and my home.

There's a Pakistani song 'Mauj chalay ya aandhi ayi, diya na bhujnay dena hia, ghar ki khatir so dukh jhalay, ghar tou akhir apna hai'.

We love Pakistan and our love for Pakistan is unconditional. Brother, I would suggest you to stop criticising Pakistan. Just be friends. There's nothing we can get by hating on each other, other than what happened in 1947.

Parents still love their kids even if they turn out to be murderers/rapists. We still don't accept them because some people still love them.
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Parents still love their kids even if they turn out to be murderers/rapists. We still don't accept them because some people still love them.

Lol stop generalising. Not every Pakistani man is a rapist and not every Pakistani is a murderer. Those that are obviously are bad and we don't love them. So stop assuming.
Lol stop generalising. Not every Pakistani man is a rapist and not every Pakistani is a murderer. Those that are obviously are bad and we don't love them. So stop assuming.

I don't mean that at all, I mean that just because you love something, it doesn't make it right and mean the World is better off with it existing and being the way it is.
Reply 76

Like we give a **** about your acceptance.
This thread is a rather apt example of why unthinking and blind patriotism is strongly correlated with idiocy.
I don't mean that at all, I mean that just because you love something, it doesn't make it right and mean the World is better off with it existing and being the way it is.

Ah okay. Sorry for misunderstanding you. Plus, you're right. But in terms of terrorism is Pakistan, obviously its bad and no one else has been effected by it more than us Pakistanis. What happened with the Christian couple is obviously wrong and I condemn it. Its wrong. But does that mean that Pakistan shouldn't exist? No. That's not the answer. Why? Because Pakistan just like any other country is a land of humans. Such barbaric things happen all around the glode, e.g. Ayisha-El-Sherbini a pregnant woman killed ruthlessly in Germany for being a Muslim. Does that mean we should campaign for Germany to remove its existence. No. It doesn't mean that. It means that we should improve our laws. Pakistanis struggling in that but its because of the corrupt government, not because of Pakistanis. If you ever go to Pakistan, you'll see how welcoming we are. We are the people who have been targeted by America through drone attacks, killing our innocent children, our sisters and brothers, our mothers and fathers. We have struggled a lot and we still are. But does that mean we should hate our land? No. Its a land which has given us the identity of being called a Pakistani. If anything, its called patriotism.
Original post by ClickItBack
This thread is a rather apt example of why unthinking and blind patriotism is strongly correlated with idiocy.

Are we supporting what happened with the Christian couple? No, we're not. Its sad and shouldn't have happened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending