The Student Room Group

How fast do you run on the treadmill?

At the moment I run 9.5kph nonstop for 28 min and then i speed it up to 10kph for the last 2 minutes.

Scroll to see replies

atm i do either 10mins at 10k or 11k. then i usually cross train afterwards :biggrin:
(i love cross training and can never be bothered to run for ages!)
Reply 2
I can run at 10 for about 10 minutes like max,I get bored easily.veryvery bored and keep counting the minutes till i'm done with the whole thing
Reply 3
15 minutes at 15kph, possibly more. (level 15)

I do about 3 miles in 12 mins.
Reply 4
very very fast
Reply 5
I do 4.5km in 30mins... the speed varies between 7.7 (jog) and 10.5 (sprint/run)..Dont know if those are in kph or just levels though.
Gosh I'm pathetic.I can do 7kph tops.But I do have short legs and can't keep up lol.
Reply 7
10-13 for about 23 mins depending how fit I am at the time.
Reply 8
12kph warmup for 5 mins then 15-16kph for 10-15 mins, but then i get bored of the gym atmosphere so go and swim instead
Reply 9
Yeah I generally find it quite boring, only form of entertainment is to turn it up a notch every few mins.
Reply 10
Indeed, hence why i prefer to run outdoors and beat a time.
(Richy_Boi)
Reply 11
9.1 kph for about 25 min non-stop, then about 9.6 kph for 8 min
Reply 12
I listen to my ipod while I run, otherwise I would have no motivation at all lol.
Reply 13
You'll never get any faster if you run at below 10.
Reply 14
Run at 6.4 miles an hour for 20mins
Reply 15
aaal

I listen to my ipod while I run, otherwise I would have no motivation at all lol.

:ditto:, I watch sports at the same time too :p:
Reply 16
aaal

aye likewise, xept i have a tendancy to start singing as well:redface:
Reply 17
9.5 isn't a run, it's about 6mph which is a fair jog. I get so bored on treadmills. I'd do about 10 minutes on 10kmh, then 5 on 12kmh and then i'll go for something a bit more intensive and run on 17kmh for 2 minutes. I just find it so boring though - even with music. I once was curious to see how fast the treadmill went but decided to cease my curiousity at 20kmh. Cross trainers i seem to find much easier and doing 15kmh on a cross trainer is nothing like "running" 15kmh on a treadmill.
Richy_Boi
15 minutes at 15kph, possibly more. (level 15)

I do about 3 miles in 12 mins.

The world record for men is 12:37.35 set by Ethiopian Kenenisa Bekele.

I have the feeling that you are chatting ****.

I don't use treadmills much, but the last time i was on i ran 5k in about 24 mins. I think it was 13kph, but probably wrong.
Reply 19
I've just changed my treadmill workout from 5.5kph for 2mins then 11kph for 15 mins to 5.5 kph (5mins) then 15kph(5mins) and then 5kph (2mins) all on incline!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending