IB Exams 2014/2015 Support Thread Watch

Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How is everyone's exams going? There doesn't seem to be a general thread for this so I thought I'd set one up.

How many to you have?
What subjects?
How confident are you feeling?

Good luck everybody! :woo:
superduperweirdo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My exams are next May and I'm super freaked out.

HL : Econs, Eng Lit, History
SL : Bio, Maths,Spanish

Although the exams about 7 months away, I'm feeling pretty okay

For those of you revising, please do tell me how you revised for paper 3 Econs HL ( the maths part )

Good luck, may the force be with you !
studentiam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exams are May 2015, I think once I get all my coursework done and get my revision started then I will be feeling much better about the exams. At the moment I am extremely bogged down in courseworks in pretty much every subject so it's rather stressful!
Inglisred
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by superduperweirdo)
My exams are next May and I'm super freaked out.

HL : Econs, Eng Lit, History
SL : Bio, Maths,Spanish

Although the exams about 7 months away, I'm feeling pretty okay

For those of you revising, please do tell me how you revised for paper 3 Econs HL ( the maths part )

Good luck, may the force be with you !
Tbh you just need to know basic math for that. We considered it the easiest paper but obviously has different learning levels. Just know your four operations, percentages, demand and supply functions, relevant formulas and you should be fine.

The only place it gets tricky is diminishing marginal returns. So study that the most.

I managed to get a 7 on that paper even though I did all the questions by mistake (ie, I didn't pick two, I did them all, because I'm an idiot).
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think there'll be many for the November season, as it's mostly the Southern hemisphere that do exams then.
Hyperthy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Guys .. been through IB and came out the other side If you nee any help, don't hesitate to ask !!! BTW a bit early to start talking about revision for summer now ?
studentiam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hyperthy)
Hi Guys .. been through IB and came out the other side If you nee any help, don't hesitate to ask !!! BTW a bit early to start talking about revision for summer now ?
How many points did you get?
pauzurr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm taking the exams in May! HL English B, Chemistry, Biology, and SL Psychology, Polish, Maths I worry about them all the time, but I guess once I'll start revising everything from the beginning then I'll feel better about it. I'm most scared about chemistry, since I'm not the strongest at it and I should receive at least 5 for university..
migueln
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exams in May
Biology HL (predicted 7), Chemistry HL (6), English B HL (7), Mathematics SL (6), Economics SL (7), Portuguese A Lit. (7)
Medicine applicant here :P
ventus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah just had Latin and english, have physics, philosophy and TSA tomorrow - big day
Hyperthy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by studentiam)
How many points did you get?
44 , (sure no one really likes English anyway )
Hyperthy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pauzurr)
I'm taking the exams in May! HL English B, Chemistry, Biology, and SL Psychology, Polish, Maths I worry about them all the time, but I guess once I'll start revising everything from the beginning then I'll feel better about it. I'm most scared about chemistry, since I'm not the strongest at it and I should receive at least 5 for university..
Don't feel too stressed, you have plenty of time !! Sure you'll be fine.

For chemistry id recommend getting a hold of a good text book and then going back to the basics. Quite easy to not fully understand something and then move on in the course
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Staff
Rep:
?
(Original post by ILovePancakes)
I don't think there'll be many for the November season, as it's mostly the Southern hemisphere that do exams then.
Thought something like this might be the case!
(Original post by ventus)
Yeah just had Latin and english, have physics, philosophy and TSA tomorrow - big day
Good luck! Hope they go well! How did Latin and English go?
ventus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not as well as I'd hoped, might be able to scrape 7s off the back of IAs hopefully
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Staff
Rep:
?
(Original post by ventus)
Not as well as I'd hoped, might be able to scrape 7s off the back of IAs hopefully
Sorry to hear that It probably went better than you thought, to be honest. Hopefully today will be better Just don't get discouraged!

Just out of curiousity - are you in the southern hemisphere if you're taking your exams in November?
the_queen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by migueln)
Exams in May
Biology HL (predicted 7), Chemistry HL (6), English B HL (7), Mathematics SL (6), Economics SL (7), Portuguese A Lit. (7)
Medicine applicant here :P

How do you manage with BMAT/UKCAT, work experience, knowing that IB is so demanding?
migueln
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the_queen)
How do you manage with BMAT/UKCAT, work experience, knowing that IB is so demanding?
Not easy...Do your work experience in the 1st IB and in the summer, don't be stupid like me and prepare for UKCAT and do your personal statement in the summer. For BMAT...take 1 hour of the day to prepare for it during a month and you will be ok. It also helps if you attend (as I did) Physics classes in the 1st.
Did BMAT today...i think it went ok
kittywonghf
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exams are May (of course) and my subjects are (with Predicted Gradess):

Chemistry HL (7)
Biology HL (7)
Geography HL (7)
English A Literature SL (7)
Chinese A Language & Literature SL (6)
Maths SL (6)
TOK/EE (3 /3 - AA)
PG Total: 43 (/45)

It's pretty great for now, but since I'm applying to medicine it's still going to be pretty tough! I did my UKCAT last month and BMAT just today. The latter went much better than the first, so fingers crossed I'll get accepted somewhere!
the_queen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by migueln)
Not easy...Do your work experience in the 1st IB and in the summer, don't be stupid like me and prepare for UKCAT and do your personal statement in the summer. For BMAT...take 1 hour of the day to prepare for it during a month and you will be ok. It also helps if you attend (as I did) Physics classes in the 1st.
Did BMAT today...i think it went ok
(Original post by kittywonghf)
Exams are May (of course) and my subjects are (with Predicted Gradess):

Chemistry HL (7)
Biology HL (7)
Geography HL (7)
English A Literature SL (7)
Chinese A Language & Literature SL (6)
Maths SL (6)
TOK/EE (3 /3 - AA)
PG Total: 43 (/45)

It's pretty great for now, but since I'm applying to medicine it's still going to be pretty tough! I did my UKCAT last month and BMAT just today. The latter went much better than the first, so fingers crossed I'll get accepted somewhere!

Fingers crossed for you! Did you have tutoring for IB subjects?
Can not consider CAS like work experience?
kittywonghf
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the_queen)
Fingers crossed for you! Did you have tutoring for IB subjects?
I've never had a tutor in my life It's really hard to find good IB tutors where I am, and when you do, they're usually overbooked already. Unless you don't understand a single thing about the coursework or syllabus I think you can (to some degree, different for individuals) manage fine on your own. I make do with doing lots of past papers, and get 7s in my assignments 90% of the time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (524)
37.59%
No - but I will (109)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (665)
47.7%

Watched Threads