Does he like me or considers me a friend? Boys only Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
We are both at University.

I am shy although if an outsider sees me they would doubt it (My exterior depicts a very confident person)
He is outspoken whilst I am reserved
He stares intensely at my eyes without looking away, with a serious expression
He once tickled me in my waist
During a clinical lecture, we all were practicing on a dummy, and he asked me if I wanted to kiss the dummy.
He always find ways to talk to me even though he had asked me the same question before
He is very playful around me
He always initiates the conversation
He teases me
He sits near me and pats my hand before asking me a question
He talks to other girls but does not do the aforementioned things
When we once sat together, he placed a paper in my hand and I gave him back the paper, he was just fooling around with me
I mistakenly touched his hand when we sat together, and he said that I should stop touching his hand, and that I wanted to hold his hand, he was really playful when he said this though. I withdrew my hand and focused on what I was doing.

The last two signs makes me doubt he like me, so TSR help. Does he like me or not? I don't want to keep clutching straws so to speak.
Anonymous #1
bump
President Putin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
bump
You haven't provided enough examples, unfortunately. I think he just wants to be friends.
Dmshan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Either he's gay, or...lol

It seems that he genuinely likes you. Drop a few hints - the classic is how bored you are on weekends because you can't find anything interesting stuff to do. If he has half a brain, he'll get the hint and ask you out on a date or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by President Putin)
You haven't provided enough examples, unfortunately. I think he just wants to be friends.
Ok, thanks for answering
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dmshan)
Either he's gay, or...lol

It seems that he genuinely likes you. Drop a few hints - the classic is how bored you are on weekends because you can't find anything interesting stuff to do. If he has half a brain, he'll get the hint and ask you out on a date or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trust me, he is not gay I don't understand him to be honest, like, sometimes I think he does like me, but I now, I am confused. What non-verbal signs do you give a girl to let her know you like her?
Dmshan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That intense gaze and playful touch. Those are universal signs for "intentional" flirting - hallmark of cool guys and girls.

I'm 28, have dated frequently (at the moment happily dating a wonderful woman for the past 3 years) and in all cases I found myself doing the same thing. Verbal signs can be vague, but those two things demonstrate confidence in himself & he's inviting you to "play" with him. Thoughts/feelings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
That intense gaze and playful touch. Those are universal signs for "intentional" flirting - hallmark of cool guys and girls.

I'm 28, have dated frequently (at the moment happily dating a wonderful woman for the past 3 years) and in all cases I found myself doing the same thing. Verbal signs can be vague, but those two things demonstrate confidence in himself & he's inviting you to "play" with him. Thoughts/feelings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, so you think he is just flirting with me and nothing more? I like him a lot and always get nervous when he is around me, although it does not show in my exterior. I felt uneasy and like my feelings for him are one sided although he was the one that made me attracted to him. I felt uneasy when he said that I wanted to touch his hand, although he joked about it. Do you think he did not like that my hands rubbed off on his? Do you think I might be reading too much on these signs? I am quite naive about this.
Dmshan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1. I said, specifically, "intentional flirting" - that is, he probably has some hots for you beyond simple fun.

2. When a confident man jokes on you like that, it will confuse a woman as he did to you. But don't get scared - he wouldn't have joked around in that particular context if he didn't like you. He was teasing you to gauge your interest level. Don't read too much into his teasing in the future. Rather, enjoy the playful banter!
Anonymous #1
1. I said, specifically, "intentional flirting" - that is, he probably has some hots for you beyond simple fun.

2. When a confident man jokes on you like that, it will confuse a woman as he did to you. But don't get scared - he wouldn't have joked around in that particular context if he didn't like you. He was teasing you to gauge your interest level. Don't read too much into his teasing in the future. Rather, enjoy the playful banter!
Haha, okay, I will do just that! I appreciate your replies, it was really helpful
ConnorHamilton
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it depends on how he acts with other people.

If you're the only person he does this with then it sounds pretty certain he's into you.
Dmshan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Haha, okay, I will do just that! I appreciate your replies, it was really helpful
Glad I could be of help. The early phase is so much fun (heart beating fast, butterflies in your tummy, leading to the "firsts" together) - don't rush, take your time, and enjoy

PM me even in the future, if you're ever confused. I'm happy to play consultant Reminds me of my own younger-and-confused days & thus offering help from personal experience.
Stinkum
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
he wants you. he wants it bad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads