MBA Or MSC? Watch

thedonni138
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I have recently graduated from a non-finance undergraduate degree (Biology) from a UK non-target Red Brick with a 2:1. I have been working in a lab for the last 3 months and I have realised my interests lie away from where a Biology degree can lead me.

It's a given that my chances for investment banking are low/next to none with no internship experiences and coming from a non-target school.

It's time for me to try and make a career change to what I am interested in and I would appreciate some feedback on which option is the best for me.

1. Apply for a Msc Finance/Msc Finance and Accounting at LSE/Cass/Warwick/Durham. This would enable me to be eligible for internships for next summer and the summer (Or FT) after the masters, and place me in a way better position for securing these roles.

2. Work in the business side of pharma/hc/biotech companies, learn the industry and earn enough for a MBA further down the line.

As far as I'm aware these are the two main routes I can take.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.
tru.and
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi man, i was in the same situation, 3 years ago. I Got a degree in philosophy (undergraduate) but then i was attracted by finance, i looked around for an opportunity of msc but every uni. asking for a bachelor degree in quantitative area. So i was not eligible, and i think for u is the same. With lot of sacrifice and efforts i am finally concluding my undergraduate degree in Economics and financial markets here in Milan and one day or another ( after a bit of experience with a job on the ground) i will try the MSC.
thedonni138
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi Tru.and,

Thanks for your reply.

I have contacted a few business schools and they do not require a quantitative degree if I can show I have quantitative skills (GMAT Score). Good luck with your application.

Any other views on my situation?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads