true or false Watch

jacksonmeg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi these are a few true or false questions I don't know the answer too and i'm hoping you can help me withRegarding the origin of cellular life, consider the following:1. It is assumed that microdomains on solid surfaces formed the first “pockets” with protective properties for more complex biomolecules to be formed. Which statements about amino acids are true and which are false?A. At physiological pH, amino acids exist as zwitterions. B. The R group on acidic amino acids have a positive charge at physiological pH. I'm not sure what it means by physiological pH?Consider the following statements about globular proteins:Globular proteins provide a high tensile strength molecule(tensile strength??)Which statements about polypeptides are true and which are false?A. The R groups on amino acids do not participate in the formation of the main chain peptide bonds. B. By convention, the terminal carboxyl group in a polypeptide is always written on the left hand side. C. The alpha helix is either in the parallel or the anti parallel conformation.D. The R groups in the alpha helix are on the outside of the helical structure. E. Hydrophobic interactions are the main forces stabilising the structures of the alpha helix and beta-pleated sheet. (not sure about any of this)
jacksonmeg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Not sure why its being presented like this
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jacksonmeg)
Hi these are a few true or false questions I don't know the answer too and i'm hoping you can help me withRegarding the origin of cellular life, consider the following:1. It is assumed that microdomains on solid surfaces formed the first “pockets” with protective properties for more complex biomolecules to be formed. Which statements about amino acids are true and which are false?A. At physiological pH, amino acids exist as zwitterions. B. The R group on acidic amino acids have a positive charge at physiological pH. I'm not sure what it means by physiological pH?Consider the following statements about globular proteins:Globular proteins provide a high tensile strength molecule(tensile strength??)Which statements about polypeptides are true and which are false?A. The R groups on amino acids do not participate in the formation of the main chain peptide bonds. B. By convention, the terminal carboxyl group in a polypeptide is always written on the left hand side. C. The alpha helix is either in the parallel or the anti parallel conformation.D. The R groups in the alpha helix are on the outside of the helical structure. E. Hydrophobic interactions are the main forces stabilising the structures of the alpha helix and beta-pleated sheet. (not sure about any of this)
It'd be a bit rubbish if we just gave you all the answers! Why don't you take us through what you think about some of the ones you're struggling with (or just the ones you can't find answers to with books or Google!) and we'll try to lead you to the right answer with the rest?

Physiology pH is a pH that is ~7.4

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (227)
39.27%
No - but I will (40)
6.92%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.09%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (270)
46.71%

Watched Threads