What to wear to a formal dinner? Watch

shindaabc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello

I am attending some formal dinners over the next few weeks and am a bit concerned about the dress code as I have never really experienced this sort of thing.

I know its not black/white tie sort of event as that has been specified for the last formal dinner but for the other ones what would the dress code actually be as they have not specified.

Would these sort of trousers be ok with a blazer and white shirt for example, or would I need a proper suit and tie?

http://www.next.co.uk/g40252s1#950328g40

Any advice would be really appreciated

Thank you
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A smart blazer will work
shindaabc
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you
janej0229
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For women, it is very good to wear a formal dress to attend the party, the elegant formal dress can help you get more attention. I have brought a formal gown from Dressesmallau.com to attend party, it it very good. For men, the suit is the best choice.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Neutral colours, dark or grey trousers, dark socks, smart shoes, blazer or matching jacket.

Take a matching tie with you as a precaution. You then have a choice of removing it or not when you get there. Just head straight for the washroom.

If in doubt go smarter and dress down when you get there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads