Struggling with Politics, need suggestions on how to improve. Watch

_Dreamville_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I'm not sure what it is, I'm quite organised and smart in my other A Levels. It's just Politics. Coming from knowing 0 about politics and taking the A Level, I feel like they're teaching things, but I don't even know the really basic stuff that everyone else seems to know. I don't want to really ask the teacher about it because he'll think I'm an idiot when I know I'm not, I've tried finding online resources but the same problem comes up, it's all stuff that's too complex for me to understand without knowing the basics. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to help myself enjoy Politics more, be more successful in it and engage in actual debates about things?

Posted from TSR Mobile
WWEfan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The first I suggest is reading the news. Just go on the BBC now and read politics news. You probably won't understand or care for it. Once you've done that, start researching democracy. The sheer foundation of politics. From then on, research the current government. What do they do, who is in power, how are they liked.
Gradually build up from the basics.
_Dreamville_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by WWEfan)
The first I suggest is reading the news. Just go on the BBC now and read politics news. You probably won't understand or care for it. Once you've done that, start researching democracy. The sheer foundation of politics. From then on, research the current government. What do they do, who is in power, how are they liked.
Gradually build up from the basics.
I've tried keeping up with the news, I understand some of it, most of it I don't though. I will start some research on democracy, I'm not sure where to look though, everything I see is all complicated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WWEfan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Start with the democracy stuff. From there go onto elections, look at how there's been a decline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.48%
No - but I will (62)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise