?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Which one would you go for and why?
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd like the Nexus 6, but I think that'll be too big for me, so of the two I'd be tempted by the iPhone, not that it's much smaller!/

Saying that, I really like the look of Android 5 and I want to play with it on a device that's a little quicker than my 2012 Nexus 7...
Sid99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
I'd like the Nexus 6, but I think that'll be too big for me, so of the two I'd be tempted by the iPhone, not that it's much smaller!/

Saying that, I really like the look of Android 5 and I want to play with it on a device that's a little quicker than my 2012 Nexus 7...
Me too I just don't like the whole moto x look it has
Might end up going with the Note 4 even though I hate touchwiz
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sid99)
Me too I just don't like the whole moto x look it has
Might end up going with the Note 4 even though I hate touchwiz
Can always install a different launcher / root it / custom ROM anyways. :yep:

I agree though. For all the good Sammy do with their hardware department, their software looks like it was designed by an 8 year old. :/
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nexus 6. Iphone 6+ has a spec list that would have wowed in 2012 but seems outdone in every way by the Nexus. Not a fan of IOS either, it's a bit too "my first os" for me. I'm no power user by any means but I like the freedom Android grants users as opposed to locking people into an ecosystem like Apple. Simple things such as dragging and dropping files I just can't really do without, I don't wanna sync, backup, sync my backup and all that crap. Click, drag and drop. I suppose the only real advantages the iPhone had over the Nexus was better build quality but even that's gone out the window after BendGate
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sid99)
Which one would you go for and why?
The biggest factor is arguably going to be size preference- the iPhone 6 is on the smaller side of things as far as flagships go, the 6+ is very large, the Nexus 6 is insane. I always disliked larger phones but was able to adapt to my OnePlus One (the same screen and roughly the same size as the 6+) because I can still just about type one handed with it. The extra width of the N6 would most likely put the furthest column of keys out of my reach, which would make one handed use pretty impossible for me, so I personally wouldn't get a phone that size. Other people may not mind having to use a phone two-handed all the time (or simply have enormous hands) and would rather have the extra screen real estate.

Other big technical deciders like the screen quality, speakers, camera etc all remain to be seen which phone is better since the N6 hasn't hit the review circuit yet, although I'd wager the Nexus has better speakers and the iPhone has a better camera.

Of course then there's the usual gamut of Android vs iOS considerations- the freedom and customisability of Android vs the stability and polish of iOS (as well as most likely getting longer support for new OS versions than even a Nexus device), the raw power of an Android flagship vs highly optimised software allowing Apple to get comparable performance on much lower specs, freedom to get apps from anywhere vs a walled garden approach with more polished apps and far less fragmentation, different design choices in hardware and software, stuff like that.
Ryan_Anthony_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by somemightsay888)
Nexus 6. Iphone 6+ has a spec list that would have wowed in 2012 but seems outdone in every way by the Nexus. Not a fan of IOS either, it's a bit too "my first os" for me. I'm no power user by any means but I like the freedom Android grants users as opposed to locking people into an ecosystem like Apple. Simple things such as dragging and dropping files I just can't really do without, I don't wanna sync, backup, sync my backup and all that crap. Click, drag and drop. I suppose the only real advantages the iPhone had over the Nexus was better build quality but even that's gone out the window after BendGate
What people fail to realize is Apple can get away with low specs. IOS is fantastically stable and optimised, it is polished to perfection and uses every drop of power from the hardware it has, that then allows comparable performance to Android's with double the specs being held back by poor software.
chukster97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nexus 6 because I want the latest android, iPhone 6 is pretty good and well optimised
Audiology-Med
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I personally would of said Android e.g. Nexus 6 for the past 5 or 6 years, however after using the iPhone 5s few months a go I have changed my mind. I like the features of the iPhone and importantly its look which is better than most phones out there. Yes it's hardware wise is below that of current smartphones but its because thats all the IOS needs to work efficiently, It still does everything and importantly doesn't get buggy which is my major problem with android.

However, saying this I have invested quite a lot in the app store so it makes sense in me wanting the iPhone 6 plus. However if I had to pick a android phone I would get The Sony Xperia Z3 which I personally think beats all its android competitors in terms of Looks and usability plus hardware. I even like it better than the iPhone. However hate the fact sony updates their phone after every 6 months which has put me off.

I would rank the phones as;

Iphone 6/6+
Xperia Z2/Z3
Nexus 6
LG G3
HTC One M8
Samsung S5
Other Current flagship android phones

I have had the Z2,G3 ,Htc one M8 and the S5 and used the iPhone 6 so this would be my opinion
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nexus 6 since Google finally abandoned LG.
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I haven't looked at the Nexus 6 specs too much but I have a Nexus 5 atm and I'd choose it over an iPhone 6/6+ any day. Only phone I'd even consider replacing it with would the new HTC or a Galaxy S5 just due to price I can't.

Given that Android OS, in my opinion, is miles ahead of iOS I'd definitely choose the Nexus.
longsightdon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nexus 6 hands down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (324)
37.41%
No - but I will (68)
7.85%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.16%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (412)
47.58%

Watched Threads