November - AQA GCSE Linear Foundation Exams 2014 Watch

Izzy696
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys

I've got a maths exam tomorrow and on Friday, i've been doing Edexcel and therefore I have never been thoroughly introduced to AQA; I have been doing past papers and have been getting top marks in most of them. Who else is sitting the exam tomorrow and on Friday? Paper 1 tomorrow and Paper 2 on Friday. I just want to know if they're making the papers a bit harder because I have noticed that from 2012 to 2013 the papers got harder. 2012 was fairly easier than the 2013, so I would like to know what type of questions do you think will come up in the AQA Linear Foundation GCSE exams? I've always been doing Edexcel and it seems that AQA keep changing their questions every year as i've seen through the AQA past papers. I'm pretty good at all units but just want to revise through the subjects that you guys think will come up in the papers.

Thanks!
QueenSI
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey I did it too how did you find it. I the opportunity to look at the paper after exam in My maths lesson since teachers have access to it after. I got the net cuboid question wrong and the teacher student one am worried
She-Ra
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Izzy696)
Hi guys

I've got a maths exam tomorrow and on Friday, i've been doing Edexcel and therefore I have never been thoroughly introduced to AQA; I have been doing past papers and have been getting top marks in most of them. Who else is sitting the exam tomorrow and on Friday? Paper 1 tomorrow and Paper 2 on Friday. I just want to know if they're making the papers a bit harder because I have noticed that from 2012 to 2013 the papers got harder. 2012 was fairly easier than the 2013, so I would like to know what type of questions do you think will come up in the AQA Linear Foundation GCSE exams? I've always been doing Edexcel and it seems that AQA keep changing their questions every year as i've seen through the AQA past papers. I'm pretty good at all units but just want to revise through the subjects that you guys think will come up in the papers.

Thanks!
I've moved this to the maths exam study help forum for you :hat2:
Izzy696
Rep:
?
(Original post by QueenSI)
Hey I did it too how did you find it. I the opportunity to look at the paper after exam in My maths lesson since teachers have access to it after. I got the net cuboid question wrong and the teacher student one am worried

Hey

Yeah i'm a bit worried after taking that exam. Have to get high marks in the calculator to try and secure a more chance of that C! I did that question you're talking about, I was supposed to write down the formula for volume and instead I accidentally wrote something else. Oh well i'll just have to wait and see now. I know that I didn't get that "construct a bisect" or something question and probably some other small ones. But hey! I did do my best and i'm sure that i've got most of them right, let's just wait for the maths results after the calculator exam.

Good luck!
Izzy696
Rep:
?
(Original post by She-Ra)
I've moved this to the maths exam study help forum for you :hat2:
Thanks!
QueenSI
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey

Yeah i'm a bit worried after taking that exam. Have to get high marks in the calculator to try and secure a more chance of that C! I did that question you're talking about, I was supposed to write down the formula for volume and instead I accidentally wrote something else. Oh well i'll just have to wait and see now. I know that I didn't get that "construct a bisect" or something question and probably some other small ones. But hey! I did do my best and i'm sure that i've got most of them right, let's just wait for the maths results after the calculator exam.

Good luck!
How did you find the calculator paper today?
Izzy696
Rep:
?
(Original post by QueenSI)
How did you find the calculator paper today?

It was better than the non-calculator one I guess! I was more confident answering the questions and I knew most of them. How was yours?
QueenSI
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was better than the non-calculator one I guess! I was more confident answering the questions and I knew most of them. How was yours?
I felt exactly like that too I had finished extremely early so I just kept going back and looking over everything. What did you get for The angle question the one that was spilt into two quadrilaterals. I got 40 degrees and the last question was difficult but I got 14 min :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads