A2 Psychology essay writing... HOW??? :(

Watch
JustBeing
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm really stuck on how much information to include, and just structuring it
I have a question today to do for example, it was something along the lines of
how do cultural influences affect diet... simplified version of the question

I included about two points for culture, with evidence from study and what it implies

then should I go on to talk about other influences such as social factors, emotions, stress etc?
and how much would I write for these paragraph's, would I continue the P.E.E structure for each point?

my teacher said also talk about children briefly, but what does brief mean? how much would I say about it?

And although we haven't gone over biological and evolutionary explanations, would I also briefly mention them too?
because that's what I've been told, and it seems too much for me, but then also, what does brief mean here, what would I mention?

Thank you so much!
Davalla
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JustBeing)
I'm really stuck on how much information to include, and just structuring it
I have a question today to do for example, it was something along the lines of
how do cultural influences affect diet... simplified version of the question

I included about two points for culture, with evidence from study and what it implies

then should I go on to talk about other influences such as social factors, emotions, stress etc?
and how much would I write for these paragraph's, would I continue the P.E.E structure for each point?

my teacher said also talk about children briefly, but what does brief mean? how much would I say about it?

And although we haven't gone over biological and evolutionary explanations, would I also briefly mention them too?
because that's what I've been told, and it seems too much for me, but then also, what does brief mean here, what would I mention?

Thank you so much!
Do you know how many marks the question was worth ( 0if it's from a past paper)?
If not; what does it ask you to do?, e.g does it say outline or discuss, etc?

If it's just asking about cultural influences; there would be no need to talk about social factors or emotions, etc, as they are different things to culture. The same goes for biological and evolutionary approaches, especially if you haven't done them yet.

Factors to include may involve:
-The difference between perception of food in the UK now and how it was valued in history, e.g. food used to be a sign of wealth.
-Tribal traditions of one or more countries, such as Africa or Japan, e.g.- " plump women are more likely to produce better offspring".
-Religious uses of food. E.g. Fasting in Islam, and feasting as celebration in Christianity.

I'd say that this would be enough, but it depends on the full question, (I'd guess this is worth 4-6 marks?).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7.17%
October 2021 (116)
48.95%
November 2021 (23)
9.7%
December 2021 (31)
13.08%
January 2021 (21)
8.86%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.28%