The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by irisanna
well yes, an interview is an interview. but a chambers which can't get its **** together sufficiently to keep its applicants confidential - particularly this kind of chambers - is not an attractive prospect, and the massive seller's market out there should not detract from the need for chambers to keep this kind of thing in line.

They are supposed to be all about human rights - what happened to article 8? :wink:
Not sure if it was mentioned but Guildhall interviews came out yesterday afternoon.
Original post by JDHLaw
Not sure if it was mentioned but Guildhall interviews came out yesterday afternoon.

I haven't heard anything and my PG still says applied - so looks like a rejection
Original post by JayBor
I haven't heard anything and my PG still says applied - so looks like a rejection

Snap!
Interviews out for Coram this morning, personalised email via Gateway. There's only one round and from the time slots available - it looks like they're only interviewing 12 candidates.
Has anyone managed to get through to GC to book an interview slot?
Original post by Anon2014
Has anyone managed to get through to GC to book an interview slot?

No. I haven't I left a voicemail message with my number. I guess there are a lot of us to get through.
Oh no, I really liked the look of Coram and thought would get an interview as have at nearly all other family places I applied. I guess they didn't like something...
Original post by baristaboy
Oh no, I really liked the look of Coram and thought would get an interview as have at nearly all other family places I applied. I guess they didn't like something...

Instead of seeing it as "there's something they didn't like about me" I always try to see if from the perspective of "there were x number of people that they liked more". Semantics, I know, but its more accurate.
Jolly lovely to see Chambers holding themselves to the same account as they do applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from Park Square Barristers? Today is their advertised 'hear by' date.
Original post by The Barista
Anyone heard from?
- 23 Essex Street
- Kenworthy's
- Garden Court
- 2 Bedford Row
- 1 Gray's Inn Square
- Goldsmiths

1 Gray's Inn Square should be getting back to applicants soon. They replied on the 8th of June last year.
Anyone have any idea what the advocacy exercise for Invictus usually entails? Or could you shed any light?

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 St Andrew's Hill interviews to be held on 22nd - 24th June

Everyone should know whether they're through to 1st Round Interview by Wed 17th.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by baristaboy

I haven't heard anything. No email and PG still says applied. Has anyone else heard?
Original post by snickers_twix
No. I haven't I left a voicemail message with my number. I guess there are a lot of us to get through.

I left a voicemail last night and just got a call - and an apology for the disclosure of personal information.
Original post by Lawblabla
I left a voicemail last night and just got a call - and an apology for the disclosure of personal information.

Anyone else had a quick google of the competition?!
Anyone heard from Caremelite? Gateway status still says applied.
12CP rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have an interview with 9JS tomorrow? Or has previous experience with first round interviews with them? Any advice would be grateful please. :frown:

Quick Reply