The Student Room Group

Found sister's boyfriend on Grindr??!!

My sister doesn't know I'm gay, nevermind being on Grindr. I was just surfing through and I found her boyfriend on there! :confused: Obviously I can't tell her "I think your boyfriend is gay/bi. Oh, and so am I." What should I do?? I feel so bad for my sister but I obviously can't tell!

Keep anon please, I know people on here that know me in real life.

Scroll to see replies

You could do a screenshot and say one of your mates sent it to you?

Poor sister though
What does it mean if you're "on" it? Does it mean he's actively logged in & looking while he's in a relationship with your sister or does it just mean he made an account at some point even if he never used it? If the latter then there's no guarantee he's cheating or anything.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
What does it mean if you're "on" it? Does it mean he's actively logged in & looking while he's in a relationship with your sister or does it just mean he made an account at some point even if he never used it? If the latter then there's no guarantee he's cheating or anything.

If it's anything like Tinder it'd say his last activity... which is usually quite recent if they were to pop up
Could be an old account or an account set up by his mates as a rib.

Jeez everyone thinks they're in a soap opera or something.
Why can't you tell your sister you're gay? But I'd go with what another poster said and say a gay friend screenshotted it and sent it to you. She asks which friend? Say they haven't come out and don't want anyone to know yet
Original post by WeedCanKill

mmmmmm.....I don't think so.

Assuming it is like Tindr, wouldn't your profile disappear after you delete it? So, I don't think it is an old account and he would have to the program on his phone.
I'll be honest, it's probably not any of your business. Might be a prank, who knows, but no good can come of you getting involved.
If you're not trolling, tell your sister your mates were browsing Grindr as a joke and found her bf on there
Reply 9
If his profile turned up on it then it means he has logged on recently, it's based on finding someone who is near by and is either online or has been very recently.

OP, are you totally sure it's him? If it wasn't a clear face pic then you can't be and if it is a clear face pic then that guy is an idiot. If he's not likely to be that stupid then I think it is more likely to be a prank.

Doing something will always be a risk of outing yourself and admitting to using grindr, are you willing to take that risk? If yes, I think your best bet is to have a word with the boyfriend in the first instance. He might never have actually done anything, he might be bi curious and just want to chat (it's not like grindr isn't full of time wasters). You need to at least give him a chance to explain.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by WeedCanKill

Even if it was an old account, it would still mean he swings that way, unless he's been "converted" or something. I also doubt his mates would have pictures of him posing topless to be honest.

Original post by beckaroo7
Why can't you tell your sister you're gay? But I'd go with what another poster said and say a gay friend screenshotted it and sent it to you. She asks which friend? Say they haven't come out and don't want anyone to know yet

I just don't feel comfortable telling any of my family in the near future, but I'd never go out with a girl just to cover up the fact. I know it's quite selfish but I think it'd cause too many questions if I did that.

Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I'll be honest, it's probably not any of your business. Might be a prank, who knows, but no good can come of you getting involved.

I don't think it's a prank to be honest, given some of the poses he is in I doubt it's a fake account either. Well surely no good can come out of my sister going out with and, god forbid, marrying this guy? I think I have to do something about it but I'm not willing to put myself in a place where I'd be basically outing myself (as selfish as that seems).
(edited 9 years ago)
Maybe you should confront him about it?
Original post by Anonymous
Even if it was an old account, it would still mean he swings that way, unless he's been "converted" or something.

But he could be bisexual?
If it matters to you ask him, if he chose not to say anything to your sister don't be the one to say, if it was him it's up to him to chooseto say something.

Either don't get involved, or talk to him and don't get involved.
maybe there is something your sister hasn't told you...

:holmes:
I would just stay out of it, personally...
Reply 16
Maybe you should invite him out and bring your sister along.
Reply 17
Looks like I'm the first person to say it but I'd definitely tell the sister.
In the same way you don't want to be outed, I'm sure he doesn't either! Despite the fact it appears he's hiding something from your sister it would still be wrong to out him :s-smilie: I'd talk to him about it first, maybe message him yourself on grindr?
Do a screenshot and send it from a fake hotmail account. If he is sleeping with other guys it could risk your sisters sexual health. So you should look out for your sister over anyone else and tell her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending