stainedglasseyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I received an unconditional offer from Birmingham back in September. The only condition for it was that I had to have it as my firm in order for it to be unconditional. Because of this it was listed as a conditional offer on Track. I firmed the offer on Monday (as well as holding an insurance) so I'm assuming it should have automatically changed to an unconditional listing on Track but it hasn't. Birmingham haven't contacted me and on the letter on Track about my replies to offers, my reply to Birmingham is listed as a firm conditional offer. The emails and letters I initially got from Birmingham did just say that all I needed to do was firm them but I'm sure I read somewhere that Track would update to list it as an unconditional.
Panicking slightly about what this is all about - is it that the university and UCAS aren't in sync or do I need to contact UCAS/Birmingham?
Any advice would be appreciated
stainedglasseyes
Rep:
?
Can't believe I've spelt 'unconditional' wrong in the title of the thread. Can't work out how to change it on mobile either. Oops
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't panic. It may take some time before track is updated (even a month or so). If after a while you feel unsure, do contact Birmingham and ask for an explanation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
stainedglasseyes
Rep:
?
(Original post by *Stefan*)
Don't panic. It may take some time before track is updated (even a month or so). If after a while you feel unsure, do contact Birmingham and ask for an explanation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a relief, thank you
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Once it changes to unconditional your insurance choice will be notified and will no longer be valid.

You'll also not be eligible for adjustment or clearing.

It is VERY early in the cycle to be choosing a firm choice officially. There is still 7 months before the deadline.

Anyone who is reading this and thinking about choosing their firm/insurance on track PLEASE don't commit this early on. Every year TSR has dozens of threads from people who pick their firm/insurance early and then change their mind and their options are extremely limited.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (25)
29.07%
No (61)
70.93%

Watched Threads