wilson dang
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile
The amino acid should have the hand drawn structure am I right? But I couldn't find this. Can soneone explain it? The ans is D ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Attached files
Protoxylic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Ester group is found on the right hand side of the molecule, the methyl ester. The Carboxyl group is found on the lower left, the COOH group. The amino acid is a result of the carboxyl group and amine group being beta to each other; it is a beta amino acid. There isn't a lone carbonyl group as the carbonyls are contributing to a larger functional group, esters and carboxyl groups. The lone carbonyl group would be that of a ketone.
username1445490
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All the C=O groups are part of larger groups: carboxyl, ester and amide groups.
The amino acid is not an alpha amino acid as you have drawn because the NH2 and COOH are not attached to the same carbon atom.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise