Turn on thread page Beta

AVCE ICT serving orgs exam...help needed (Moved from Gen. Chat - THINK) watch

ReputationRep:
    AVCE ICT serving orgs exam

Has anyone else taken this exam? I have it soon (27 days), and we’ve yet to learn anything . :confused: I really don’t want to fail this exam, I’ve asked the teachers for topics to revise ect, but they say the pre-release is all I need. I’m so stuck. Has anyone else taken it? Would you say it’s hard, or easy? Are their any topics that are 100% sure to be on the exam?

Any help would be great – thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    AVCE ICT serving orgs exam

Has anyone else taken this exam? I have it soon (27 days), and we’ve yet to learn anything . :confused: I really don’t want to fail this exam, I’ve asked the teachers for topics to revise ect, but they say the pre-release is all I need. I’m so stuck. Has anyone else taken it? Would you say it’s hard, or easy? Are their any topics that are 100% sure to be on the exam?

Any help would be great – thank you
    I took the exam in Jan, its probably the easiest A-Level exam your ever going to take, if you want a list of previous exam questions to help you out just pm me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    I took the exam in Jan, its probably the easiest A-Level exam your ever going to take, if you want a list of previous exam questions to help you out just pm me.
    It must have been made easier since the 2001 exam than. Trust me the one I took was harder than any other exam in my life.

EDIT: Actually video broadcasting systems was the hardest exam in my life, having to mathematicly explain how BBC1 is transmitted was not easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    It must have been made easier since the 2001 exam than. Trust me the one I took was harder than any other exam in my life.

EDIT: Actually video broadcasting systems was the hardest exam in my life, having to mathematicly explain how BBC1 is transmitted was not easy.

Its must have been because it was truely easy! Its all based on pre-release tasks so all the work is done before the exam really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Its must have been because it was truely easy! Its all based on pre-release tasks so all the work is done before the exam really!
    The easiest AVCE exam I took I think was called Intenet Systems or somthing. It was just one of them exams where I knew if I didn't get an A the exam would have been marked wrong.

Do you find the AVCE in general easy?

ReputationRep:
    The easiest AVCE exam I took I think was called Intenet Systems or somthing. It was just one of them exams where I knew if I didn't get an A the exam would have been marked wrong.

Do you find the AVCE in general easy?
    Well yeah! I'm doing A/S VCE at the moment and at A2 level, so I guess all A/S are easy when you compare them to A2's. I feel like I could do this whole first year in half a term, with no other lesson to be honest! This makes me sound so up myself, I'm not really just being honest!

ReputationRep:
    I did the double award it dosn't really get any harder at A2 level becuase you can choose you own options. I did it the first year it was introuduced which made it harder because nobody knew what they were doing.

The hardest module we did on the AVCE was command line Java, even then we were told what to type more less, I haven't really understood Java until now but thats at degree level. Crappy college.

ReputationRep:
    I did the double award it dosn't really get any harder at A2 level becuase you can choose you own options. I did it the first year it was introuduced which made it harder because nobody knew what they were doing.

The hardest module we did on the AVCE was command line Java, even then we were told what to type more less, I haven't really understood Java until now but thats at degree level. Crappy college.
    lol! I won't be doing the course next year (thank god) as I'm off to uni, Ionly picked it up as an a/s in hope it would make up for the d i got in a/s french last year

ReputationRep:
    I am doing that exam in June. I might help you if you tell me what exam board your following, cuz each exam board have different pre-release materials. The exam is quite simple as you need to find the page references and stuff like that. The bad part is section B, where you have to know a bit of theory (e.g. EDI, MIS e-commerce, intranet/internet, etc..).

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing ed-excel. exam : 25 may

ReputationRep:

2002 wasnt the easiest ive taken either. i only got 34. well pissed off.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.