how do i change from firm to insurance

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i initially accepted one uni as firm and another as insurance. but i have changed my mind now and want to go to my insurance uni.
how do i go about it
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hey. i wanna do that 2. i put northumbria as my firm choice and York as my insurance choice but now i'd prefer 2 go 2 york. I looked @ a UCAS leaflet and it sed that it was only poss 2 change if family problems or circumstances or due to human error. I think u'll just hav 2 fone UCAS and ask them outright..all they can say is no or yes so its worth a try. good luc. x
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
i initially accepted one uni as firm and another as insurance. but i have changed my mind now and want to go to my insurance uni.
how do i go about it
Duh ! That was a bit daft weren't it. This is why you should take your time (as much as you have got before your reply deadline) to decide.

Once you have accepted a place as firm you are very much legally obligued to attend if you achieve the grades defined in their offer.

Ring UCAS, see what they have to say...
pure_ass_angel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i e-mailed my insurance choice about this a while ago, and the prof of engineering, not a stupid admin person, told me that if you contact UCAS you can change from yur firm to insurance, BUT I think the important issue is if the insurance uni is able to and willing to do this. Contact the Uni and if they say yes you can contact UCAS.
Benny Cool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmmm, I'm not sure you can change without withdrawing from UCAS and re applyiong next year. When you accept offers from UCAS you are entering into a legally binding contract with two results: either you go to your university (firm choice if you get the grades, insurance if you don't) or withdraw completely and try again next year. Obviously phone them and check, but from what I understand, this is how it works.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
WHY DON'T YOU GO ASK UCAS, THE BODY THAT ORGANISE EVERYTHING INSTEAD OF WAFFLING HERE STUPID
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by pure_ass_angel
i e-mailed my insurance choice about this a while ago, and the prof of engineering, not a stupid admin person, told me that if you contact UCAS you can change from yur firm to insurance, BUT I think the important issue is if the insurance uni is able to and willing to do this. Contact the Uni and if they say yes you can contact UCAS.
Yeah, that's right. It also depends if your firm choice is willing to release you or not.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
WHY DON'T YOU GO ASK UCAS, THE BODY THAT ORGANISE EVERYTHING INSTEAD OF WAFFLING HERE STUPID
**** off you ****in ******

anyway if i dont make the required grades of the firm offerr(i.e. miss it by on, then can i insist on going to my insurance because sometimes even if you dont get the grades they still let you in, im hoping they dont!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
34.01%
No (522)
65.99%

Watched Threads