The Student Room Group

Stranger approached me today, weird request...

I was just walking to the bus station, with my headphones in when a guy stopped me, complimented me a bit etc and asked if he could take a picture of me for his portfolio. I said alright (assumed he just wanted a regular picture of me), he said that he's a student and showed me the types of pictures he was thinking of on his phone. He proceeded to show me pictures of some other topless girls on his phone.

He then went on to say that he could imagine me undressed and it'd make a good picture and something about how he doesn't approach all girls but I looked 'characterful' or something so he wanted one of me. I'm not sure what to make of this. I feel flattered that he wanted to take a picture of me, but also insulted that he thought I'd just let him take me to some room where he could take a naked picture of me. I was fully dressed by the way, you could only see my wrists and head/neck.

What do you make of this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't told anyone because it's really embarrassing, but it just seems weird that he thought I'd agree to something like that for some portfolio, like I don't even know him and he thought I'd agree to take my clothes off so he could take some picture? He was showing me pictures of 2 other girls that had agreed as well (both topless), not sure when taken.
Original post by Anonymous
I was just walking to the bus station, with my headphones in when a guy stopped me, complimented me a bit etc and asked if he could take a picture of me for his portfolio. I said alright (assumed he just wanted a regular picture of me), he said that he's a student and showed me the types of pictures he was thinking of on his phone. He proceeded to show me pictures of some other topless girls on his phone.

He then went on to say that he could imagine me undressed and it'd make a good picture and something about how he doesn't approach all girls but I looked 'characterful' or something so he wanted one of me. I'm not sure what to make of this. I feel flattered that he wanted to take a picture of me, but also insulted that he thought I'd just let him take me to some room where he could take a naked picture of me. I was fully dressed by the way, you could only see my wrists and head/neck.

What do you make of this?

Thankfully it seems like you rejected because that's usually where it gets pretty ugly/bad, they draw you in then they have you, never trust a random stranger with something like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like a perve. Probably approaches loads of girls asking the same thing till one say yes.
Reply 4
X

"Portfolio"...yea right! He's probably just some creep :rolleyes: Think nothing of it, the world is full of unusual people like this :yep:
I haven't told anyone because it's really embarrassing, but it just seems weird that he thought I'd agree to something like that for some portfolio, like I don't even know him and he thought I'd agree to take my clothes off so he could take some picture? He was showing me pictures of 2 other girls that had agreed as well (both topless), not sure when taken.

How naive are you? :tongue:

I can take any 2 random pictures of the internet featuring 2 topless girls and claim that I took the pictures of the girls after they agreed.
Dont talk to this guy anymore the fact he showed you pictures of other topless girls he could do the same with your pictures as well hes a bloody stranger. Just be careful and dont get yourself stuck with stuff like this it wont end up good
Sounds like a very smart way of getting women to take their tops off for you.

In all seriousness though, it sounds quite dodgy to me.
Reply 8
That's actually hilarious. Did he think that would work? Or maybe it does actually work? I'm totally stumped by this scenario.

I would probably just laugh in his face.

Don't worry about it, unless you are underage, or unless the girls looked underage, in which cases you should report it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Yeah dude
Thankfully it seems like you rejected because that's usually where it gets pretty ugly/bad, they draw you in then they have you, never trust a random stranger with something like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I am pretty naive to be honest, last year I was walking back from college and some guy called me asking for directions, so I actually just conversed with him for 5 minutes giving him directions then he kept pestering me for my number and wouldn't let me walk home until I said my dad was waiting in the car. I really need to be more streetwise. :/
Original post by Juichiro
How naive are you? :tongue:

I can take any 2 random pictures of the internet featuring 2 topless girls and claim that I took the pictures of the girls after they agreed.

Wow you're actually right, I didn't think of that until now! I'd say I'm a bit on the sheltered side so end up being a bit too trusting lol.
Sounds like the guys got tactics,
Original post by llys
That's actually hilarious. Did he think that would work? Or maybe it does actually work? I'm totally stumped by this scenario.

If he wasn't socially creepy I would respectfully decline. (If he was creepy, I'd be rude, so yes, I'm judgmental.) I would also probably laugh in his face.

Don't worry about it, unless the girls were underage, in which case you should report it.

Oh yeah I declined his request, I just said 'sorry I can't' to which he responded 'oh but why? You're smiling so you probably do want to a bit right?' and things like 'come on it'll be an interesting experience' but I was pretty persistent and continued refusing, then left to find I'd missed my bus. :P
Yeah I am pretty naive to be honest, last year I was walking back from college and some guy called me asking for directions, so I actually just conversed with him for 5 minutes giving him directions then he kept pestering me for my number and wouldn't let me walk home until I said my dad was waiting in the car. I really need to be more streetwise. :/

Best way to avoid this stuff: ignore them and don't look at them, if anything just say: "I don't know".
Seems legit.
Original post by Juichiro
Best way to avoid this stuff: ignore them and don't look at them, if anything just say: "I don't know".

Yeah I mean, last time a similar thing happened, incident mentioned above ^, and people told me to just keep my headphones in from now on so nobody will disturb me as they know I can't hear but unfortunately, I'll just have to ignore people now which is sad because someone might genuinely need help finding a location or whatever.
Reply 16
Oh yeah I declined his request, I just said 'sorry I can't' to which he responded 'oh but why? You're smiling so you probably do want to a bit right?' and things like 'come on it'll be an interesting experience' but I was pretty persistent and continued refusing, then left to find I'd missed my bus. :P

Yeah I wasn't sure from the first post whether you'd be likely to run into him again. I could imagine someone trying this for a joke, but someone who keeps pushing like that is definitely creepy and best avoided. Are you >16? If not, you should probably tell someone (though I realise it would feel really awkward). However, if you didn't feel threatened by the experience you can probably just laugh it off.
Yeah I mean, last time a similar thing happened, incident mentioned above ^, and people told me to just keep my headphones in from now on so nobody will disturb me as they know I can't hear but unfortunately, I'll just have to ignore people now which is sad because someone might genuinely need help finding a location or whatever.

This is the 21st century Britain. If you need help, you either ask men or you use your GPS-enabled phone.
but how do you know who is genuinely lost? Are we supposed to assume everyone is a predator and carry on walking and ignoring people? because if we do that.. then people end complaining that women are rude.

but yeah OP the first guy sounded weird. Especially showing you pictures of that kind of nature.. how did you leave the conversation?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by llys
Yeah I wasn't sure from the first post whether you'd be likely to run into him again. I could imagine someone trying this for a joke, but someone who keeps pushing like that is definitely creepy and best avoided. Are you >16? If not, you should probably tell someone (though I realise it would feel really awkward). However, if you didn't feel threatened by the experience you can probably just laugh it off.

Erm chances are I probably will run into this guy again because he was situated on the road my university is on, and I walk down that road twice a day at least you see. I can easily just ignore him from now on though. I'm 18 by the way. I've told my friend who has warned me to be more careful in future, but if I told my dad he'd probably just go mental and overprotective, and would become all weird about me going out or walking alone in future so I don't really want to tell my parents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending