INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS Coming to the UK Watch

oli710
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi
Im a final year Product Design Student looking to gain a bit of information from International Students that have relocated to attend British Universities whether it be for a year or for a full course.

In particular I wanted to know the experience of relocating and how well the universities performed when helping students to settle in.

-Did they help find suitable accommodation?

-Did they help students move in when they arrived to the UK?

-Did they provide a welcome pack containing information (maps, freshers events)

-Did they provide students with any items to help get them started with their new home (washing up liquid, paper towels etc)

My proposal for an idea is to provide International Students with the opportunity to buy a Housing Pack full of essential housing items (bedding, kitchen utensils, bathroom items) for the forthcoming year/s of university which could be purchased through the university.

Any replies or feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks

Oli
FeelingDepressed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any student can get a basic pack direct from the university which includes larger less transportable items such as duvet, pillow, pans etc not sure why a pack containing washing up liquid and paper towels would be essential? I mean I would be interested to know what student areas didn't have a Tesco Express or Sainsburys Local within easy walking distance if not a uni shop on campus.
oli710
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by FeelingDepressed)
Any student can get a basic pack direct from the university which includes larger less transportable items such as duvet, pillow, pans etc not sure why a pack containing washing up liquid and paper towels would be essential? I mean I would be interested to know what student areas didn't have a Tesco Express or Sainsburys Local within easy walking distance if not a uni shop on campus.
Hi, sorry the pack i'm proposing would be one that contains essential items such as pans, duvet, pillows etc. not washing up liquid and paper towels. I was just saying some universities give out complimentary items such as those when a student first moves in but i'm saying wouldn't it be more useful to be able to purchase a pack for all your house items. I don't believe through most universities this is possible however some may already do something similar.
Thanks for your reply
Helloworld_95
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's possible through most uni's and some private halls, there was also a few companies which popped up a few months ago that were doing the same thing.

My answers would be: 1) yes, I was automatically allocated a place by the uni 2) They lead me to my room. They offered a service to collect you at the airport but I didn't know of it at the time. 3) Yeah they had those kinda things 4)They offered a bedding pack which I took them up on, they had a kitchen pack as well but I was in catered accom so it wasn't needed. Other than that, not really
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.21%
I used to but I don't now (13)
2.72%
No, but I want to start (171)
35.77%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.43%
No, I chose not to (138)
28.87%