The Student Room Group

What was the biggest lie you ever told?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Cat
It's easy to trick people sometimes you just need to carry yourself in a certain way and people will start to believe anything.

i'd follow what you say and try it but i'll probably flop
practice makes perfect i guess.
Original post by officiallycool14
i'd follow what you say and try it but i'll probably flop
practice makes perfect i guess.

Extensive background research, slight resemblance is all you need and you can literally pretend to be anyone. I obviously took extra measures such as turning up in football kit with a person in a suit who pretended to be my spokesperson.
Extensive background research, slight resemblance is all you need and you can literally pretend to be anyone. I obviously took extra measures such as turning up in football kit with a person in a suit who pretended to be my spokesperson.

i guess you went the extra mile then.
you know what i think i'll just stick to being me for the mean time.
i guess you went the extra mile then.
you know what i think i'll just stick to being me for the mean time.

Always be true to yourself :wink:
Always be true to yourself :wink:

exactly!
BTW love your DP sooo adorable
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Fair enough lol. That's still quite.. brave (if that's the right word)
I can imagine how stressful that would've been though.

Haha yeah, I was a troubled young soul. At the time, I just didn't see the point in anything that I did.

I remember my Chemistry Unit 5 exam [which I also hadn't revised for] was about 1h 45min. It was literally 10mins into the exam and I just packed in and put my head down on the desk for the remaining time. I still did relatively well in that though, on account of my first year results being decent. My chem teacher hated me. I remember she rang my house because I never attended any of her lessons. I'm glad those days are over.
(edited 9 years ago)
exactly!
BTW love your DP sooo adorable

Thanks one of many compliments :tongue:
Original post by iammeyouareyou
Haha yeah, I was a troubled young soul. At the time, I just didn't see the point in anything that I did.

I remember my Chemistry Unit 5 exam [which I also hadn't revised for] was about 1h 45min. It was literally 10mins into the exam and I just packed in and put my head down on the desk for the remaining time. I still did relatively well in that though, on account of my first year results being decent. My chem teacher hated me. I remember she rang my house because I never attended any of her lessons. I'm glad those days are over.

I actually know how that feels. I had a similar problem with my Physics. Went in, sat down and completely forgot all the basic stuff, I literally felt my organs all fall
down lol. it worked out in the end though

Admittedly, **** teachers can really ruin things for you.
I actually know how that feels. I had a similar problem with my Physics. Went in, sat down and completely forgot all the basic stuff, I literally felt my organs all fall
down lol. it worked out in the end though

Admittedly, **** teachers can really ruin things for you.

I can't blame the teacher since she did attempt to put in some effort with me. I started the year getting As and then ended it getting Es :/ It was my fault. I barely attended the lessons, I rarely did the set homework and I didn't revise. I basically didn't know 75% of the module because I hadn't bothered to look at it. I was just going through a bit of a rough period and I didn't want to be there. It's going back a few years now though; it's all in the past :smile:
One of my teachers tried to ruin my day so I punched him right in the throat. He gasped for air and asked "agh!! Why u do dis??" , I looked him right in the eyeball and said in my calmest voice...

"Because, I like turtles"

He bought it so I punched him once again and I told him the brutal truth.
I can't blame the teacher since she did attempt to put in some effort with me. I started the year getting As and then ended it getting Es :/ It was my fault. I barely attended the lessons, I rarely did the set homework and I didn't revise. I basically didn't know 75% of the module because I hadn't bothered to look at it. I was just going through a bit of a rough period and I didn't want to be there. It's going back a few years now though; it's all in the past :smile:

Oh, I see. I think it's fair to say that my teacher was **** though as after the academic year was over, he was fired.. if only they had realised that he was rubbish beforehand it would've saved everyone a whole lot of time.
Oh, I see. I think it's fair to say that my teacher was **** though as after the academic year was over, he was fired.. if only they had realised that he was rubbish beforehand it would've saved everyone a whole lot of time.

Ha yeah, unfortunately that happens sometimes. There was a teacher of sociology [or something like that] at the college I used to attend. He only realized about 2 weeks before the exam that the module he'd been teaching his students was for the wrong exam board. So basically he'd been teaching them an AQA module when the exam they'd be sitting was OCR [might have been the other way round]. The students suffered for it because most of them ended up doing really badly, as you can imagine.
Ha yeah, unfortunately that happens sometimes. There was a teacher of sociology [or something like that] at the college I used to attend. He only realized about 2 weeks before the exam that the module he'd been teaching his students was for the wrong exam board. So basically he'd been teaching them an AQA module when the exam they'd be sitting was OCR [might have been the other way round]. The students suffered for it because most of them ended up doing really badly, as you can imagine.

LOL, my friends had the exact same problem with Chemistry. Their teacher unexpectedly had to leave for a few months leading up to the exam so the quick replacement they got was a retired teacher that left a few years ago lol. He apparently taught them the wrong unit and was going over stuff they already knew but didn't bother with the stuff they didn't know LOL. Can be quite funny once you look back at it.
*my brother sitting in the room*
My brothers friends: there is no way your innocent! I don't believe that
Me: it's true I've not even kissed a guy...

Mum: have you been drinking
Me*slurred*- nope night

Sister: those are my headphones
Me: no they're not I brought them myself I've even got the receipt to prove it

Teacher: are you eatin in my class
Me: nope just playing with my tongue piercing

Friend: wanna hang out tonight I'm bored
Me: (pauses Outlast) sorry I'm so ill and I can't leave the house like this

Just a few of the good ones
Samuel Eto'o

So you look like you're 40-years-old?
Original post by smegma_butty
So you look like you're 40-years-old?

Lol he doesn't even look that old
I've lied about my age. Can't really think of anything else :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Told an Oxford tutor that my friend had done something quite serious to get them thrown out for a year when they actually hadn't done it. My motive was arguably good as said friend had anorexia and was refusing to accept they needed to get away from Oxford and get help (they subsequently did and recovered), but 5 years on I still feel intense guilt over it and haven't spoken to her since.
Thanks one of many compliments :tongue:

Aww your welcome!!
i told my mum that my friends mum had cancer. i wont go into boring specifics, but i did it because i wanted a wifi adapter to play brawl online.

Original post by Viva Emptiness
I told my mum that I was just looking after the drugs she found in my school bag for someone else. That other person got expelled.

if this were not here, i would feel like a monster -- thanks !
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest