9823899s89jojs
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've started doing an EPQ at sixth form.

I want to relate it to Medicine and ethical issues.

I originally was going to do "How will the information age affect the NHS?", but there weren't any books to do research with!!!1!!11"11!2!2

Bc I'm gonna be volunteering at a care home specializing in dementia care now, I thought I might do something on dementia.

Anybody have an ideas for a title that would focus on the medical and ethical issues to do with Dementia?

ty
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The title should really be your creation, since you will be doing all of the work for it, and so you know exactly what areas you are looking at, what you will research etc
Quilverine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you want contemporary resources go with recently published peer reviewed journal papers. Use textbooks for fundamentals but information changes faster now.

If you lack "inspiration" try putting ideas into quotation marks and searching the phrase into Google Scholar, you can see how much is out there on that topic. Things like "controversy in dementia care" or "public perception of dementia" and see what happens.

The NHS in the information age is a huge topic, if your school library was lacking try asking about a visitor pass to a nearby university library (ideally one that offers healthcare courses). Recent technology innovations have completely redefined Information Governance, filing, archive, patient records, telemedical capability and the knowledge base of patients has changed now medical information is freely available online. But again try find papers rather than books, more out there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (148)
37.47%
Take autumn exams (123)
31.14%
Look for a job (14)
3.54%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.3%
Take a year out (68)
17.22%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.33%

Watched Threads