The Student Room Group

Is business studies a soft subject?

I want to apply to pharmacy, I take business studies, biology and chemistry.
I was wondering if business is considered a soft subject as places like Manchester require 2 sciences and a rigorous subject.
Reply 1
It is, but if your doing two/three other solid subjects it should be fine, however if you want to do something like medicine then its best to have all non-soft subjects
Its softish, as in depending on what you plan on doing at uni, they will see if more softer ( a sceince course will see it far more softer than say a course such as sociology...? or something else) Either way i wouldn't label it to be as soft as say Media,Photography etc but on par with Sociology or Law.
If you want to study a Business stype degree e.g. Management, Accounting etc then maybe not; as long as they are complimented by more "academic" subjects. However, for a science degree as you intend on studying, it probably will be seen as soft. You have two strong subjects and one soft, but have to keep in mind that many people will be applying to your course with three strong subjects. So they may have an edge over you. But I'm studying Business Studies at the moment but that didn't stop three Russell Group universities (and a top 15 uni) from giving me offers... so who knows....

Quick Reply

Latest