The Student Room Group

Is this normal?

So recently I've stopped spending as much time with my female friends, I think it's because there's too much drama about little things, and started to hang with guys more. I find guys easier to talk to and when I got upset the other day it was a guy I spoke to. Anyway recently I've started having a recurring nightmare where one of my female friends says my name other and over, this happens in real life when I'm talking to the guys and I find it really irritating as she won't even wait till I've finished a sentence and gets annoyed if I don't respond immediately. It's not like I've ditched her as the girls and guys sit together, I'm only 1m further away and when I'm sat next to her I never have anything to say. I was wondering if it's normal to have nightmares about your friend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think its normal...dreams are just the subconscious way your brain deals with things happening in your waking life.

Why is it a nightmare? Does it scare you? Or is it just an annoying dream?

I think your friend is feeling left out and hurt that you don't spend as much time with her anymore and as a result has become clingy which is annoying. Your dream is trying to point out that she wants to be listened too. That's how I'd interpret it anyway.

Guys don't have much drama and they can be a nice change but don't neglect your female friends that have always given you attention in the past. Furthermore, are you enjoying the male friendship because of less drama or because their attention makes you feel excited, whilst male friends can be good to have, they cant replace female friendships
I don't think it's a subconscious thing telling me to give her more attention, the truth is I don't really like her as a person but I can't do anything about it. The thing is I've always found female friendships really hard to maintain, I'm very antisocial and don't enjoy them because they're hard work. When I say female friends they consider me their friend but I could easily not see them for years and it wouldn't phase me, in fact it would be a relief. Whereas with guys it feels less like hard work, I wouldn't say it is the attention I like because the guys don't think of me like that - it's more like I'm one of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending