An african director should make a biopic on mansa musa

Watch
JACKIEKENNEDY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I would love to see a movie about this man and how he ruled his Kingdom in Mali. West Africa doesn't get much love when it comes to African History. I want an African director. I don't trust Hollywood at all.

MANSA MUSA IS THE RICHEST MAN OF ALL TIME WITH A NET WORTH OF $400 BILLION.

Mansa Musa I ruled West Africa’s Malian Empire in the early 1300s, making his fortune by exploiting his country’s salt and gold production. Many mosques he built as a young man still stand today.

Mansa Musa I, (Ruler of Malian Empire, 1280-1331) $400 billion

Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Interesting. I had never heard of this man before. I do agree that his story would be quite fascinating.
dean.stanston
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I guess.

But hollywood *******ises white people too so no bias there lol..
Sir Fox
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't buy the whole 'Mansa Musa was the richest person to have ever lived' thing - the list that purports it assumes a steady inflation rate and in any case, Mali was not nearly as developed as many other empires at the same time or even before it, meaning no matter how much gold he owned, there wasn't much he could buy with it. Most Roman emperors were probably richer than he was, not in pure gold, but in important resources.

Anyway, he remains an interesting historical figure and I would be excited about a movie portraying his life (or anything about medieval Africa).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.08%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
23.85%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (58)
44.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.08%

Watched Threads