The Student Room Group

C800 and C801

Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone knows the difference between psychology c800 and c801??

:smile:
Reply 1
I applied for c800 courses and I think from what I have found c800 is just straight up psychology as it has been from when the course started but c801,c802 c803 etc are courses which have been changed recently or courses which have newly added. For example, Bristol had c800 as experimental psychology and was the only one they offered but have changed it to straight up psychology and given it a new code of c801. I think that's the main difference if I have understood it properly :tongue: . I guess if you're still not sure, email the unis which you want to go for and ask for the difference because in some cases it might not be the same (c800/1 might be different for each uni)

Hope that helps but don't just take my word on it I'm not a professional it's just what I have read from applying to uni! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Dylank
I applied for c800 courses and I think from what I have found c800 is just straight up psychology as it has been from when the course started but c801,c802 c803 etc are courses which have been changed recently or courses which have newly added. For example, Bristol had c800 as experimental psychology and was the only one they offered but have changed it to straight up psychology and given it a new code of c801. I think that's the main difference if I have understood it properly :tongue: . I guess if you're still not sure, email the unis which you want to go for and ask for the difference because in some cases it might not be the same (c800/1 might be different for each uni)

Hope that helps but don't just take my word on it I'm not a professional it's just what I have read from applying to uni! :biggrin:

Ah thank youu :smile: I was just worried if id applied to something totally different as i've applied to four uni's which are c800 and one was c801.
Reply 3
Oh ok, I think it's that ^ . Look on your UCAS application and I should say. Where did you apply?
Reply 4
I applied for psychology at brunel, middlesex, birmingham city, st marys and bucks :smile: you?
Reply 5
Original post by natjane
Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone knows the difference between psychology c800 and c801??

:smile:

C800 is usually BSc Psychology (Bachelor of Science)

and C801 is most commonly BA Psychology (Bachelor of Arts)

The course content of both degrees is exactly the same at 99% of unis. The only difference is the award you come out with (a BA or a BSc).

Also, in Universities which allow you to take other subjects than your main one, the BA or BSc determines what subjects you can take with psychology.

For example, someone taking a BSc in Psychology (C800) might also have 2 modules a week in Biology and Cell Structure. (science based)

But someone who is taking an BA in Psychology (C801) might be having 2 modules a week on Film and Media, and Drama. (more art based subjects)

I am applying for C800, C801 and C802 this year!

(C802 is MA Psychology - master of Arts - in Scotland that's the equivalent of a BA in England)

Hope that helped! And good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by XTimmoX
C800 is usually BSc Psychology (Bachelor of Science)

and C801 is most commonly BA Psychology (Bachelor of Arts)

The course content of both degrees is exactly the same at 99% of unis. The only difference is the award you come out with (a BA or a BSc).

Also, in Universities which allow you to take other subjects than your main one, the BA or BSc determines what subjects you can take with psychology.

For example, someone taking a BSc in Psychology (C800) might also have 2 modules a week in Biology and Cell Structure. (science based)

But someone who is taking an BA in Psychology (C801) might be having 2 modules a week on Film and Media, and Drama. (more art based subjects)

I am applying for C800, C801 and C802 this year!

(C802 is MA Psychology - master of Arts - in Scotland that's the equivalent of a BA in England)

Hope that helped! And good luck!

Thank you so much that really helped :-)!! what uni's are you applying to?
Reply 7
Original post by natjane
I applied for psychology at brunel, middlesex, birmingham city, st marys and bucks :smile: you?

I guess it cleared up with a peson who knows what they are talking about :tongue:. I have applied to bangor, UWE, portsmouth, aston and St marys too :smile:
Reply 8
Hey I know this is really late (4 years later) but I'm really struggling and confused here, am I able to apply for 3 course codes through UCAS? Because the BSc (Hons) in Psychology course in some universities (York, UCL) is C800 however in Exeter and Edinburgh it's C801-- can I apply to both?
Original post by ccke
Hey I know this is really late (4 years later) but I'm really struggling and confused here, am I able to apply for 3 course codes through UCAS? Because the BSc (Hons) in Psychology course in some universities (York, UCL) is C800 however in Exeter and Edinburgh it's C801-- can I apply to both?

Yes you can

but why did you find a 5 yo thread to ask this lmao

Quick Reply