The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
koolboarder
I have not receive my forms!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Any of you international student here has received the application forms?? :confused: :confused:

I'm in Germany, and my forms arrived today. Go check your mail :wink:

What letter do English residents have in the "Fee category" field of the "Application for Residence, Academic Session 2004-2005" form? I'm just wondering as I probably still have to clear up my fee status (as an EU student).
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
soundscape
I'm in Germany, and my forms received today. Go check your mail :wink:

What letter do English residents have in the "Fee category" field of the "Application for Residence, Academic Session 2004-2005" form? I'm just wondering as I probably still have to clear up my fee status (as an EU student).

mine says H for Home I think...

what do you have to pay, as an EU student then? do you pay international fees, or do you get home student fees because fo the fact that you're from the EU?
Reply 22
4Ed
mine says H for Home I think...

what do you have to pay, as an EU student then? do you pay international fees, or do you get home student fees because fo the fact that you're from the EU?

Thanks, 4Ed! My form says 'H' as well, though, so it seems everything is alright with that so far.

EU students apparently pay home students fees (see http://www.imperial.ac.uk/options/admissions_3.htm) while overseas students pay about ten times the amount - which is obviously why I'm quite keen to have that cleared up.

The reason why I'm asking is that my parents have moved to Norway and I gave their address as one of the addresses on my application. Hence, I was initially classified as overseas by Imperial.
Reply 23
soundscape
Thanks, 4Ed! My form says 'H' as well, though, so it seems everything is alright with that so far.

EU students apparently pay home students fees (see http://www.imperial.ac.uk/options/admissions_3.htm) while overseas students pay about ten times the amount - which is obviously why I'm quite keen to have that cleared up.

The reason why I'm asking is that my parents have moved to Norway and I gave their address as one of the addresses on my application. Hence, I was initially classified as overseas by Imperial.

that's good. I think most british universities will want as many people to pay overseas fees as possible, as they don't receive a great deal of funding - hence they tend to find as many international students as possible to top up their income each year. one of my friends was told he'd only get an offer if he agreed to pay overseas fees!
Reply 24
Jojoba86
I'd doubt it matters, probably more for shared rooms, and maybe for corridors, but who knows. Probably honesty is the best policy!

Hmm i suspect your right it matters more for shared. Unfortunately my sleeping patterns vary alot because i find it very difficult to actually fall asleep(terribly light sleeper) and yet i require like 10hrs /day minimum, so filling in that box is hard anyway!
Reply 25
BossLady
Hmm i suspect your right it matters more for shared. Unfortunately my sleeping patterns vary alot because i find it very difficult to actually fall asleep(terribly light sleeper) and yet i require like 10hrs /day minimum, so filling in that box is hard anyway!
Heh, exactly the same with me, perhaps they should create a box for this!
Reply 26
Hmn, I wonder when they manage to send the accomodation forms to Finland.
Still haven't heard anything from Imperial, although I have it as my firm.
Are there any international students out there who have received their forms?

Btw, when do you A-level guys get your results?
Just wondering cos IB results come out in July and I wont know
until then if have the grades for Imperial..
Reply 27
JnJ
Btw, when do you A-level guys get your results?

It's mid-August, usually about the 13/14/15th or so.

No doubt someone knows the exact date?
Reply 28
wonder what happens if you put 'girls' in the main interests bit :biggrin:

Also any1 know how far the intercollegiate halls are from imperial? Is it gonna cost alot travelling back and forth?
Reply 29
Lyte
wonder what happens if you put 'girls' in the main interests bit :biggrin:

Also any1 know how far the intercollegiate halls are from imperial? Is it gonna cost alot travelling back and forth?

lol i wonder if theyd give u a twin with a girl....
BossLady
lol i wonder if theyd give u a twin with a girl....

Only if the girl put 'boys' as their interest.
Reply 31
I got my accommodation form a coulpe days ago. I'm putting Imperial halls, shared self-catering as my first choice.
Reply 32
Hey,

Just a quick question about the Imperial accomodation forms. I haven't received mine yet, but as I only sent my final decision through UCAS last week I don't expect to receive mine sometime soon.

I would like to know if the hall residence allocations are on a first-come-first-serve basis? Anyone already been notified which hall they've been put into? I'm getting anxious as I would like to have a hall near Imperial, but I haven't even received my forms yet!!

Hope to see ya all there this Fall!

Boon
Reply 33
I sent mine off the day after it came, I received a note to say they'd got it, but I wouldn't know any more until late August/September (I think, I can't find the letter now...)

You tick some preferences for hall type (e.g. single room, en-suite, catered; triple room; double room no en-suite self catering) and they try and get you the best match (for the Imperial halls). Then you tick preferences for intercollegiate halls, this time for the specific hall.

So, you don't get to choose directly.

Hope to see you this Autumn ;-)
Reply 34
chaoscomplex
I sent mine off the day after it came, I received a note to say they'd got it, but I wouldn't know any more until late August/September (I think, I can't find the letter now...)

You tick some preferences for hall type (e.g. single room, en-suite, catered; triple room; double room no en-suite self catering) and they try and get you the best match (for the Imperial halls). Then you tick preferences for intercollegiate halls, this time for the specific hall.

So, you don't get to choose directly.

Hope to see you this Autumn ;-)

Thanks for the quick reply!! Ok.. that just about answers my questions... but the wait until September will be excruciating!! I just hope I get into some decent hall.. I've heard that Beit is the best, with Fisher being the worse (and thus reflected in their weekly rentals..). Anyways, still wondering if they're allocated on a first-send-first-servce basis....

Boon
Reply 35
chaoscomplex
It's mid-August, usually about the 13/14/15th or so.

No doubt someone knows the exact date?
19th August for me, so most likely the same for everyone else.
Reply 36
Leonux
19th August for me, so most likely the same for everyone else.

Thanks... So on the form it does say mid-august? And anyone know if they're going to allocate the rooms according to who sends in theirs first?
Reply 37
btw once u posted the accom form how long did it take them to reply?
Reply 38
Absolutely ages! Was about 2-3 weeks for me, I had started to wonder if it had got lost.
Reply 39
I heard from the housing office in Imperial that the they will notify you in late August, early September.

Latest

Trending

Trending