The Student Room Group

Are most people 'shallow'?

Just want honest perspectives!

Scroll to see replies

a lot of people only care about what they look like. you can bet ANYTHING they do is just to make themselves look better.
i have met a lot of narcissists in my life. i am currently in a social circle with one.
he contributes nothing to the group. i honestly have no idea why he's even in our group. ****ing insecure psycho.

stay safe bro
I'd say everyone is at least a little bit shallow but few go past a point where it's outright unfair.
It's natural to want to make yourself look better. The same way some animals buff themself up, change colour, sing or make different noises - we do the same thing by making our self look better and for the same, simple reason - to attract a mate.
Yes. Especially people who are deluded into thinking religion is the only way of life.
I like women who drink beer. So long as they aint mingin I dont care.
Depends what you define being "shallow" as. I mean it's perfectly acceptable to have standards unless they overstep the mark & some requirements are just really stupid.
Original post by lilacunicorn
religion.

What?

Oh, yes. I remember now - Religion. Believing in something no living person has seen, touched or heared with no factual evidence. But that doesn't matter, we have books that tells us god(s) existed, so we're ok :biggrin:
Original post by Balloon Baboon
What?

Oh, yes. I remember now - Religion. Believing in something no living person has seen, touched or heared with no factual evidence. But that doesn't matter, we have books that tells us god(s) existed, so we're ok :biggrin:

as much as i hate religion, i hate the neckbeard "atheists" even more

you can bet when these "atheists" get cancer or something, they're all praying to god begging for forgiveness
Original post by whowasfone
you can bet when these "atheists" get cancer or something, they're all praying to god begging for forgiveness

That's highly doubtful.
That's highly doubtful.

atheists and theists are both like minded and weak people.
atheists and theists are both like minded and weak people.

Is that your opinion or fact?
the concept of evolution makes sense to me for the most part, so currently I agree with the thought that we are made for survival. 'shallowness' to an extent is a kind of selfishness (keeping resources to yourself, enabling survival) and keeping a high presitage/image of yourself (people with the skill to manipulate are better leaders, hence 'fitter' for survival. People also naturally finds the person they perceive to be the best mate, no matter the 'truth') So yes, we all are naturely shallow, at least to a certain extenet. Yet the word 'shallow' is so subjective...the answer to your question, at least for me, lies in the definition of shallow
What?

I'm not sure if you understood what I was saying. I didn't say doubting the existence of God, I said religion deluding and confining us to the side of life one may or may not have experienced. Holy scriptures have been written (and adapted) by Humans anyway, what makes it reliable enough for you to believe every word?
what makes it reliable enough for you to believe every word?

I believe what I can see :smile:
I believe what I can see :smile:

And what have you seen?
And what have you seen?

Lots and lots of things. But I've never seen a god.
Lots and lots of things. But I've never seen a god.

you can't "see" god
you can't "see" god

Why?
Why?

you're assuming god has a body and lives in this world. i think that would be a person, which wouldnt be god.

Quick Reply

Latest