What does this girl want/mean? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay, so up until recently this girl has been getting closer and closer to me. In the past week we started talking more because she sits next to me in many classes. She acts weird when I'm around with her friends. Always smiling excessively at me when she looks at me. Does she like me? and how should I react? I don't have time for a girlfriend as I am in an important year of my life. Not that I haven't instigated any conversation, I just want to get across I'm not looking for a girlfriend at the moment without misinterpreting what she's doing for liking.
JoelTheJaffaCake
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So she probably likes you, and you don't want a relationship. It seems to me then, that you have to make that clear to her next time you speak. Tell her that you've noticed her smiling at you and at the same time mention you're not up for a relationship during this year. Be subtle though, don't just outright say 'I don't want to go out with you'.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by JoelTheJaffaCake)
So she probably likes you, and you don't want a relationship. It seems to me then, that you have to make that clear to her next time you speak. Tell her that you've noticed her smiling at you and at the same time mention you're not up for a relationship during this year. Be subtle though, don't just outright say 'I don't want to go out with you'.
Being subtle is not easy for me. Please explain how you would go about introducing the topic.
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well it's actually rather simple. Just don't start a relationship with her.

Case solved gang, scooby snacks all round.
JoelTheJaffaCake
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Being subtle is not easy for me. Please explain how you would go about introducing the topic.
Just mention in a conversation that you wouldn't be up for a relationship (don't say with her particularly). She'll get the message then. I can't tell you exactly what to say because I don't know what the conversation will be/will be like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (522)
59.32%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.43%

Watched Threads