The Student Room Group

Boots interview Next Week

It's a temporary Christmas job

Does anyone have any interview advice or tips ??

Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Hi,
Well done on getting an interview! I work at Superdrug myself, when I had my interview for a Christmas temp last year, it was pretty standard 1-1 interview, however I was taken onto the shop floor too, and asked to talk to customers and give out baskets/catalogues. However, my friend had an interview at Boots to be a Christmas temp, last year also and was asked to sell a product to customers and managers whilst on the shop floor - which was new and she knew nothing about. It was tough she says, however this may be completely different now :smile:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Shanzii
It's a temporary Christmas job

Does anyone have any interview advice or tips ??

Thank you in advance :smile:

Congrats on getting an interview.
Here's some tips:
- Prepare for the why do you want to work at boots? question
- Swot up on Boots; the brand, values their products, services (like their new app) - read the jobs website, they put a lot of emphasis on legendary customer service
- Read the job advert you applied to if its still up that can help you to understand what they're loooking for
- practise what you're going to say for the typical boots interview questions like sell this item to me (plan what item you're going to say or think about points you may say if they give you a random item)
- they may ask you to give out advantage card leaflets, definitely read up on that (4 points per £1, boots app helps to gain more points)

If I remember more, I'll add them.
I had an interview a few weeks ago for a Christmas temp and i got the job praise God. I've worked at boots for 4 months altogether and the interview processes have all been different so prepare yourself. My Christmas temp interview had no activities at all just questions from a sheet which I can't really recall now.

All the best! Be confident and smile! There is nothing to worry about!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by JLG1997
Hi,
Well done on getting an interview! I work at Superdrug myself, when I had my interview for a Christmas temp last year, it was pretty standard 1-1 interview, however I was taken onto the shop floor too, and asked to talk to customers and give out baskets/catalogues. However, my friend had an interview at Boots to be a Christmas temp, last year also and was asked to sell a product to customers and managers whilst on the shop floor - which was new and she knew nothing about. It was tough she says, however this may be completely different now :smile:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
They did mention that i'd be on the shop floor :s-smilie:
I'm kind of scared now lol

This is what the interview description stated:

An in store assessment for approximately 1 hour. When you arrive you'll meet with a manager who'll be really keen to learn more about you and why you're interested in the role, and will ask you some questions about your previous work experience.

Next, you'll be invited onto the shop floor to complete a few short exercises, based on the types of activities that our team already do in the role. As part of this exercise, you'll be on the shop floor, so we do ask that you wear smart attire.

In preparation for one of the exercises, please give some thought to a product which really appeals to you personally and is likely to be available in the store you're applying to. It's also a fabulous opportunity for you to see what it's like to work for the Boots team.
Reply 4
Original post by zedaa
Here's some tips:
- Swot up on Boots; the brand, values their products, services (like their new app) - read the jobs website, they put a lot of emphasis on legendary customer service
- Read the job advert you applied to if its still up that can help you to understand what they're loooking for
- practise what you're going to say for the typical boots interview questions like sell this item to me (plan what item you're going to say or think about points you may say if they give you a random item)
- they may ask you to give out advantage card leaflets, definitely read up on that (4 points per £1, boots app helps to gain more points)

I had an interview a few weeks ago for a Christmas temp and i got the job praise God. I've worked at boots for 4 months altogether and the interview processes have all been different so prepare yourself. My Christmas temp interview had no activities at all just questions from a sheet which I can't really recall now.

Thank you !!!!
This info has been really helpful
Congrats on getting the job :biggrin::biggrin:
I always smile so hopefully i'll still be smiling when i'm feeling nervous lol
Reply 5
Original post by zedaa
Here's some tips:

Hi there. I went through your comments about the job interview and congratulation!!!
I have an interview next Wednesday at boots. Im always warm,friendly and helpful, but Im struggling as I have no retail experience speaking to customers an convincing them to buy a product. I worked at a charity shop but haven't spoken to customers about products. I feel like you have really done it well an would you help me with some question?.it would be a great help. Im afraid I will be asked to talk and sell a product to a customer. I really don't know how I should start the conversation an impress them , and things I need to say. Can you pleas tell me how you would do this if ( your favourite) product was a No7 hand cream ? I would be really grateful if you could tell me exactly like you did at the interview.
Also what would you do when a customer ask you about the 3 for 2 offer? what would you say you would do if you had an hour spare time at the shop floor? How should I try an sell a product( ex: A shampoo) to the interviewer, an elderly and a teenager, the different approaches. What's the aisle we should not help the customer?
I will be so gratefull if anyone could help me with this. I really need help with these questions and this is my first job. I don't want to let this go. Great Thanks for anyone's great help...I'm looking forward...

Quick Reply