The Student Room Group

Motivated by money

Hi all. Say what you will but money is the main motivator for me when I think about my future career. I am a first year Management with international business student at Royal Holloway and I am unsure about the specific direction I should be aiming for. Careers in finance, banking, insurance and similar industries are what I am looking at however there is so much choice I really do not know where to begin. As we all know there are plenty of graduate schemes available but my question is what positions will lead me into well paid jobs. I am happy to start on a low salary and work my way up. I am open to all suggestions. This thread is intended as one of my starting points for ideas. What in my mind is a high salary you may ask. Lets say 80k -100k. Obviously I would like my salary to be in that region after years of work.

Thanks
One friendly piece of advice: if it's only for the money, don't go for banking. Firstly it's not that much on an hourly basis and secondly it's tough. Gets a thousand times tougher when you have no passion for it.

On another note, you're a fresher ffs, go to career events and find something that truly interests you. It's worth it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nice to be ambitious but what you'll eventually find that counts is happiness. I have three major hobbies which I absolutely love and to not have time for them would be devastating. Although my current job is low paid, it is low commitment in terms of hours too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending