The Student Room Group

Tenancy Issue

Hi there, I live in a student house. We've had many problems with the house from leaks to the front door not locking and damp ect. However the other day the lounge door somehow fell off its hinges, it fell onto my pretty expensive laptop and smashed the screen leaving it unusable. Looking at the wooden frame where the hinges were screwed on you can see that it's all rotten and weak. We've tried previously to get someone round to have a look at the property as we don't think its safe (e.g. Our kitchen light gives us an electric shock when used). Does not the landlord have a duty to maintain the property to a safe standard and if so is he liable for the damaged caused by the lack of maintenance? Thank you :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Hi, did you contact your landlord?
Reply 3
We have to go through the agency, ive told them everythig. They said they'll follow it up with the landlord and get back to me.

Quick Reply

Latest