The Student Room Group

Help! Want to study film at degree level without a level? Possible?

Hi
I am currently studying for my GCSE's but am thinking about choosing the right sixth form for me to go to. I have a particular sixth form in mind that I really do want to and I have given in my application and things look good.... But I didn't real the manual correctly. I picked the subjects English lit, psychology, sociology and Media but have just realised that to do the media course you need to have a GCSE in ICT... Which I don't have. I'm really upset because media is what I want to do when I'm older as I would like to become a film critic. So I was just wondering, is it possible for me to study Film at degree level at university without having an a-level in the subject? Please help me! Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by hannahharrison
Hi
I am currently studying for my GCSE's but am thinking about choosing the right sixth form for me to go to. I have a particular sixth form in mind that I really do want to and I have given in my application and things look good.... But I didn't real the manual correctly. I picked the subjects English lit, psychology, sociology and Media but have just realised that to do the media course you need to have a GCSE in ICT... Which I don't have. I'm really upset because media is what I want to do when I'm older as I would like to become a film critic. So I was just wondering, is it possible for me to study Film at degree level at university without having an a-level in the subject? Please help me! Thank you

I would say it is possible, but not likely. It would really depend on the university. Entry requirements do not apply to mature students (aged 21+), so it is certainly possible. Maybe get some relevant work experience to strengthen your application?

Good luck.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest