Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been on the computer a lot lately due to work load. I have been drinking cans of coke to get me through it, I've been drinking 3-4 cans a day.

This morning I woke up at 8:30 and I felt very drunk (even though I had no alchohol for 30 hours before), I almost fell on the floor. At about 11:00 I got up and was still feeling a bit iffy.

I went for a walk round the mersey valley and walked around 6 miles I felt fine unless I bent down, then I would feel sick.

Now I keep getting sudden spells of light headedness all the time. Does anybody know what symptons can cause this?

I feel fine if I sit still its just when I move they come on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I have been on the computer a lot lately due to work load. I have been drinking cans of coke to get me through it, I've been drinking 3-4 cans a day.

This morning I woke up at 8:30 and I felt very drunk (even though I had no alchohol for 30 hours before), I almost fell on the floor. At about 11:00 I got up and was still feeling a bit iffy.

I went for a walk round the mersey valley and walked around 6 miles I felt fine unless I bent down, then I would feel sick.

Now I keep getting sudden spells of light headedness all the time. Does anybody know what symptons can cause this?

The only thing that I can suggest is you may be dehydrated try and drink lots of water that should make you feel better. Or you may have caught a bug but like I said drink lots of plain water and it might help.

ReputationRep:
    I've said this before - you have been posting some amazingly crap threads recently.

ReputationRep:

Dude, stop staring at your computer screen, get a cup of tea and some biscuits and relax/sleep! If it doesn't get better then go see a doctor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I've said this before - you have been posting some amazingly crap threads recently.
    This isn't a bad thread if this person really wants advice on what is wronge with them what is wronge with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    This isn't a bad thread if this person really wants advice on what is wronge with them what is wronge with that?
    Well, if 'trade really thinks this is the best place for such advice.

ReputationRep:
    i doubt it'd be down to the caffeine, although like others have said it could have made you a bit dehydrated. chances are it might just be something you've eaten or you're coming down with a cold. being stressed because of a heavy workload can't be helping either, try and take a break from the computer and have a rest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Gah! I know you did that deliberately, just to annoy misspelling 'wrong' as 'wronge' knowing how i feel about sp mistakes and everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Well, if 'trade really thinks this is the best place for such advice.
    You know how long it can take to see a gp in this day and age and I am sure that some of the people on this forum will have

a) experianced this problem and can advise on what to do
    b) some sort of medical knowledge I know that some people are med students.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, the last time I asked for medical advice on here people told me what they thought it was, I was extremely worried thinking I had cancer, it turned out to be a hernia and I could to the doctors without being as scared.

My dizzy spells are hardly live threatening.

I drank 6 vodka redbulls in a row on firday night and was imeditatly sick, that, all my work load, EMF radiation, the hot weather is probably taking its toll.

ReputationRep:
    totally off topic, but interesting nevertheless, around 50 cups of coffee is the lethal dosage of caffine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    totally off topic, but interesting nevertheless, around 50 cups of coffee is the lethal dosage of caffine.
    i'll have to remember that the night before exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    i'll have to remember that the night before exams
    I might try drinking 49 cups one day when i am bored. Might be interesting

ReputationRep:
    The NHS have a helpline or something like that you can call, or maybe they have an NHS forum where you can discuss your symptons!!

ReputationRep:
    3-4 cans of coke is nothing. The caffeine in that wouldn't really affect an adult, so there's no way that it's caffeine related, unless you suddenly developed an allergic reaction to it or something.

I had caffiene poisoning when I was about 12, i took uh i thuink it was 24? a whole pack anyway, of Proplus tablets. Im not too sure why.

I felt very sick and tired and confused and started throwing up everywhere and spent the night in hosp on a heart lung monitor. Um. They gave me anti emetics and also I had some bleeding from my stomach or something. I had to do tests of my coordination etc before I could go home. They would have pumped my stomach but id thrown up so much it was ok. I dont remember if they did anything else - t was in France so i didnt understand a lot of hat was going on anyway

rosie

too much caffeine will give you bad stomach cramps and diarrhoea
    J

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you go have a nice hot bath and watch a movie... then you should be fine to go back to whatever you were doing.

ReputationRep:
    I drink on average nearly 2 litres of coke a day and the only thing bad I've got to show for it is a couple of fillings and the occasional freak out when i have none. And a lot of carbs, but I've switched to Pepsi Max now so it shouldn't be so bad.

I don't even have cellulite

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.