myaanmar gives muslims utlimatum

Watch
binahmet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Prove your family has lived here for more than 60 years and qualify for second-class citizenship and be classed as 'bengali' which opens the door to deportation, or be placed in camps and face deportation.In the last three weeks alone, 14,500 Rohingya have sailed from the beaches of Rakhine State to Thailand, with the ultimate goal of reaching Malaysia, according to the Arakan Project, a group that monitors Rohingya refugees.

The crisis has become an embarrassment to the White House ahead of a scheduled visit by President Obama to Myanmar next week. The administration considers Myanmar a foreign-policy success story in Asia but is worried that renewed conflict between Buddhist extremists, who are given a free hand by the government.

For many Rohingya, the new policy, called the Rakhine Action Plan, represents a kind of final humiliation, said Mohamed Saeed, a community organizer in a camp on the edge of Sittwe, the capital of Rakhine State.“People really fear this plan,” he said. “Our community is getting less and less. This is where they want us — out.”http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/07..._r=0&referrer=
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've just read the article. Poor people . And, as always, there are plenty who will make a profit of them, which is disgusting as well.
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Finally a country with some common sense.

Rohingyas are 99% those from Bangladesh crossing through the porous border between the 2 countries.

You can't blame them for not wanting more muslims in their resource scarce country.
binahmet
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
You clearly have very limited knowledge of what going on. The rohingyas went to Myanmar in the British rule of India in the 19th century. No one is migrating to Myanmar at the moment you joker.

(Original post by Alfissti)

Rohingyas are 99% those from Bangladesh crossing through the porous border between the 2 countries.

You can't blame them for not wanting more muslims in their resource scarce country.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Buddhists should remember how much they suffered under Muslims and realise that hate breeds hate. What they are doing is despicable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

(Original post by Alfissti)

Utter bull****.

If they were from Bangladesh, they are not going to illegally stay in country where they are being placed in prison camps and under the threat of death..
white boy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
why give them dangerous chemicals to make weapons out of smh
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Chindits)
Nope. They know exactly what Muslims are capable of and taking care of business before they're put under the sword.
While I believe in basic humanity and treating humans a certain way who themselves have done nothing, I can't forget a lot of this conflict stems from bad feelings brought on by the Muslim community themselves by fighting and demanding sharia years ago.

Either way you don't treat innocent people like that. They've done nothing wrong. It's inhuman, hate breeds hate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is always depressing to see how many people are okay with human suffering if it involves Muslims.
RoyalBlue7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This has nothing to do with religion - being Muslim or not. It's simply racism. And racism shouldn't be tolerated at all
A Mysterious Lord
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We only ever hear the Muslim side of this.
Badshah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My poor fellow Muslims.
Meenglishnogood
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by binahmet)
Prove your family has lived here for more than 60 years and qualify for second-class citizenship and be classed as 'bengali' which opens the door to deportation, or be placed in camps and face deportation.In the last three weeks alone, 14,500 Rohingya have sailed from the beaches of Rakhine State to Thailand, with the ultimate goal of reaching Malaysia, according to the Arakan Project, a group that monitors Rohingya refugees.

The crisis has become an embarrassment to the White House ahead of a scheduled visit by President Obama to Myanmar next week. The administration considers Myanmar a foreign-policy success story in Asia but is worried that renewed conflict between Buddhist extremists, who are given a free hand by the government.

For many Rohingya, the new policy, called the Rakhine Action Plan, represents a kind of final humiliation, said Mohamed Saeed, a community organizer in a camp on the edge of Sittwe, the capital of Rakhine State.“People really fear this plan,” he said. “Our community is getting less and less. This is where they want us — out.”http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/07..._r=0&referrer=
funny all these islamic idiots travelling miles from the West to go and kill people in palestine or syria on behalf of terrorist groups, but no real interest from them, or the arab world to help people in the non arab world.
Ganhad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Badshah)
My poor fellow Muslims.
lets not joke around if these guys were non-muslims you would not care in the slightest.

(Original post by Ggmu!)
While I believe in basic humanity and treating humans a certain way who themselves have done nothing, I can't forget a lot of this conflict stems from bad feelings brought on by the Muslim community themselves by fighting and demanding sharia years ago.

Either way you don't treat innocent people like that. They've done nothing wrong. It's inhuman, hate breeds hate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
from what ive read the buddhists are generally screwing over every religious minority in burma and literraly every other ethnicity even though the arakan isnt even burmese they are just focus a lot wn the rohingya since its the biggest minority group with the internment camps and the murdering of kids going to islamic school. im sure there are the same horror stories for the other ethnicities but i was never able to find them . the bbc did amazing reports on it look for em its got interviews with locals and mps and other buddhist monks and look at what the psycho monk said about the rohingya aswell, they are basically in a concentration camp lite minus the showers. if you want ill dig for the video where buddhist hack this rohingya kid to death for god knows why.

chindits get help.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ganhad)
lets not joke around if these guys were non-muslims you would not care in the slightest.

from what ive read the buddhists are generally screwing over every religious minority in burma and literraly every other ethnicity even though the arakan isnt even burmese they are just focus a lot wn the rohingya since its the biggest minority group with the internment camps and the murdering of kids going to islamic school. im sure there are the same horror stories for the other ethnicities but i was never able to find them . the bbc did amazing reports on it look for em its got interviews with locals and mps and other buddhist monks and look at what the psycho monk said about the rohingya aswell, they are basically in a concentration camp lite minus the showers. if you want ill dig for the video where buddhist hack this rohingya kid to death for god knows why.
Yeah it seems a lot like they're just against anyone who isn't them. I've yet to see anyone from this community provide a coherent reason for dislike of Muslims. It seems to be as you said, just going after the largest minority.

Disgusting, neighbouring countries need to pile pressure onto them to stop this.
Ganhad
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
Yeah it seems a lot like they're just against anyone who isn't them. I've yet to see anyone from this community provide a coherent reason for dislike of Muslims. It seems to be as you said, just going after the largest minority.

Disgusting, neighbouring countries need to pile pressure onto them to stop this.
if they actually change to full blown genocide its time for the "democracy"!
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
if they actually change to full blown genocide its time for the "democracy"!
Except there's nothing there for them to make money from so they don't give a **** what happens. Modi was there recently, I wonder if he brought this up behind closed doors, I hope so.
Ganhad
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
Except there's nothing there for them to make money from so they don't give a **** what happens. Modi was there recently, I wonder if he brought this up behind closed doors, I hope so.
hopefully, india could easy smash these people oh and if you and anyone else is wondering what the pricks name is Bhikkhu Wirathu the leader and his crazy 969 movement. google some of the stuff he has said :eek:
billydisco
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by binahmet)

So they don't want their country experiencing Islamic terrorism then? :rolleyes:
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hopefully, india could easy smash these people oh and if you and anyone else is wondering what the pricks name is Bhikkhu Wirathu the leader and his crazy 969 movement. google some of the stuff he has said :eek:
They look like textbook nutters.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (645)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (817)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.62%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.51%

Watched Threads