Turn on thread page Beta

Poland still technically at war watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The Koreas are still technically at war.

ReputationRep:
    Berwick upon Tweed is still at a war with Germany, it's mentioned in the declaration of war but not in the declaration of Peace.

The british Gvt did support the Southern states in the US, remember a thing about the 'Alabahma' war ship which I think was paid for by the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    Berwick upon Tweed is still at a war with Germany, it's mentioned in the declaration of war but not in the declaration of Peace.

The british Gvt did support the Southern states in the US, remember a thing about the 'Alabahma' war ship which I think was paid for by the UK.
    but why would they be at war with texas then? aint texas a southern state?

ps: oh and berwick aint at war with germany anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Berwick upon Tweed ceased to be at war with Germany in 1987.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    What a silly thing. If there's no treaty, they're not at war? Who came up with that law? I think war is better defined by attacking and invading another country, so therefore by logic, NO, Poland and Germany aren't at war.
    I think it's not just that they haven't signed a treaty, but if you have declared war on someone and haven't declared peace, then you're still technically at war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Berwick upon Tweed ceased to be at war with Germany in 1987.
    *random piece of information* i was born there.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    *random piece of information* i was born there.

lou xxx
    in 1987?

ReputationRep:
    lou berwick upon tweed is now part of england right? When i was younger i fell asleep in the car during a day trip not knowing where i was going and when i woke up my dad was like ur in england btw. I thought he was just taking the piss but later it turned out we were in berwick upon tweed and there was a sign saying england.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    in 1987?
    no, 1986. so when i was born it was still at war and i moved up to scotalnd before the treaty was signed.

(Original post by iiikewldude)
    lou berwick upon tweed is now part of england right? When i was younger i fell asleep in the car during a day trip not knowing where i was going and when i woke up my dad was like ur in england btw. I thought he was just taking the piss but later it turned out we were in berwick upon tweed and there was a sign saying england.
    yep it is england, but if you ask anyone there thety'd prob say scotland. and the football and rugby teams are in the scottish leagues. they were at war with germany seperately cos they couldn't agree to be classed as england or scotland.

lou xxx

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.