4 muslim arrested for plotting Remembrance Day attacks

Watch
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...rror-plot.html

The religion of peace is at it again. Armed police arrested 4 muslims who were plotting terrorist attacks thought to be for Remembrance Sunday and police are investigation the possibility of a gun attack on civilians and armed service personnel.
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Disgusting "people".
Ggmu!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I predicted an arrest for exactly this a few days ago when taking to a friend. Not surprising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
indigobluesss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by El-Presidente)
I just wish the Muslim community would do more to distance itself from these pigs.
OH stfu, what do you want us to do?

Does the atheist community publicly denounce Kim Jong Un?

I'm so sick and tired of these comments, do you think all Muslims are happy about what's going on out there?
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by R Dragon)

I'm so sick and tired of these comments, do you think all Muslims are happy about what's going on out there?
Atheism isn't an ideology.

But I kinda agree with you. Muslims are in a bit of position where dammed if you do dammed if you don't, but at the same time I don't feel like the British Muslim community care too much about these kids going abroad to fight in the numbers they do or attempting to carry out plots here. Definitely more concerned about Palestine than issues in their own community.

Posted from TSR Mobile
indigobluesss
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)

But I kinda agree with you. Muslims are in a bit of position where dammed if you do dammed if you don't, but at the same time I don't feel like the British Muslim community care too much about these kids going abroad to fight in the numbers they do or attempting to carry out plots here. Definitely more concerned about Palestine than issues in their own community.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This irks me so much, because if you actually look deeper, if you come to my local mosque, if you research into any British Muslim community you'll see how much we resent such actions ._. yet, people elsewhere will never know (and thus they assume we're all content with it- which isn't the case)

Yes I often complain about Kim Jong Un. So, the comments above made inappropriate comments about Islam and you go ahead any lay into someone who has some respect for the religion?
But you see, how do you know that I haven't already complained about it?

You just assume that Muslims are ok with it, which isn't true~
jon5579
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This irks me so much, because if you actually look deeper, if you come to my local mosque, if you research into any British Muslim community you'll see how much we resent such actions ._. yet, people elsewhere will never know (and thus they assume we're all content with it- which isn't the case)

Trust me I know many Muslims Imams have issued Fatwas against acts of terrorism, but still, I just feel personally that Islam as an entity needs to modernise. If you get what I mean? The Catholics had the central authority (The Papacy) to reform what was a very corrupt church prior to the reformation, with very archaic views.

I simply have a frustration with Islam which I feel has failed to modernise WHOLLY (I understand there are still 'backwards' Christians and Jews as well) in the 1400 years or so since its foundations. I have many Muslim friends, and they are good people. But you should be willing to accept criticism of your religion or people will always hold the negative stereotypes I presume you don't like/associate with.

Overall, I hold the view that religion is an archaic evil that needs to be eliminated from human history with all due haste. But that is not against any one religion, but against all.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Yet it's getting worse and worse. One has to wonder how much you actually do about it, rather than feeling a certain way about it. No matter what way you look at it, this is a massive problem in the British Muslim community. Youve got more British Muslims fighting for jihad than you've got Indian Muslims who number around 200 million or so. There is a problem here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Harry9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spot on with Palestine. British Muslims do not seem to care as much for the Islamists in Libya or Hezbollah in Lebanon.
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Kim Jong Un does what he does in the name of Communism, not atheism.
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by felamaslen)
He does what he does because he's been brought up a lunatic in a mad country by a madman. He has been brought up to believe that he is a god.
felamaslen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
He does what he does because he's been brought up a lunatic in a mad country by a madman. He has been brought up to believe that he is a god.
Exactly. North Korea may as well be a theocracy. It certainly isn't a sceptical country; quite the opposite.
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Exactly. North Korea may as well be a theocracy. It certainly isn't a sceptical country; quite the opposite.
North Korea has its own apologists in exactly the same way. Just as Islamic terror provokes a "that's not the real Islam" defence, North Korean atrocity has the "that's not the real communism"
felamaslen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
North Korea has its own apologists in exactly the same way. Just as Islamic terror provokes a "that's not the real Islam" defence, North Korean atrocity has the "that's not the real communism"
I actually think Communism and Islamism are really not that dissimilar. The thing is, there are millions of people who identify as Muslims but who aren't the enemy of secularists, so that's why I distinguish between Islamism and Islam (while I regard pretty much all of Communism as my enemy).
SmallDuck
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fools never learn.

The alarming thing is that a lot of these terrorists are medical and law students, yet they have the moral awareness of cavemen! (Cavepeople, sorry)

They should be struck off their courses and deported as a deterrent to others. We should not kill them, as they consider that to be honourable. They should be deported to Iran where there will be no evil Westerners, and no godforsaken liberty or free speech.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SmallDuck)
Fools never learn.

The alarming thing is that a lot of these terrorists are medical and law students, yet they have the moral awareness of cavemen! (Cavepeople, sorry)

They should be struck off their courses and deported as a deterrent to others. We should not kill them, as they consider that to be honourable. They should be deported to Iran where there will be no evil Westerners, and no godforsaken liberty or free speech.
Iran doesn't deserve these backward minded fools. Most of Iranian civil society hates the Islamism and regime.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Muslims arrested for plotting to assassinate the Queen! on Remembrance weekend. Apparently they were going to murder her outside the Royal Albert Hall

Absolute disgrace is it time to admit Islam is simply incompatible with the UK and our society would be better off without it

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...n_6123044.html
http://nypost.com/2014/11/07/plot-to...ed-by-bobbies/
indigobluesss
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Trust me I know many Muslims Imams have issued Fatwas against acts of terrorism, but still, I just feel personally that Islam as an entity needs to modernise. If you get what I mean? The Catholics had the central authority (The Papacy) to reform what was a very corrupt church prior to the reformation, with very archaic views.

I simply have a frustration with Islam which I feel has failed to modernise WHOLLY (I understand there are still 'backwards' Christians and Jews as well) in the 1400 years or so since its foundations. I have many Muslim friends, and they are good people. But you should be willing to accept criticism of your religion or people will always hold the negative stereotypes I presume you don't like/associate with.

Overall, I hold the view that religion is an archaic evil that needs to be eliminated from human history with all due haste. But that is not against any one religion, but against all.
I'm slightly confused by your views....

Firstly, you express your wishes that Islam needs to distance itself from such acts, but if you "know many muslim Imams" who do that, then isn't that enough?

Then you move on to say that Islam needs to reform, as a young British Muslim, I don't really understand what reforms you think I would need to do? I believe in science- in fact I'm a dentistry student, I obey the law and I volunteer a lot in my local community. So what changes in my life do you think I need to do?

This is hysterical. Now you say that Muslims need to be able to deal with criticism better. Do you think that I am not dealing with criticism well in this scenario?
indigobluesss
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's my point. His actions don't reflect atheism, duh.

(Original post by Ggmu!)
Yet it's getting worse and worse. One has to wonder how much you actually do about it, rather than feeling a certain way about it. No matter what way you look at it, this is a massive problem in the British Muslim community. Youve got more British Muslims fighting for jihad than you've got Indian Muslims who number around 200 million or so. There is a problem here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait, what?

"the United Kingdom Census 2011 giving the UK Muslim population in 2011 as 2,786,635, 4.4% of the total population." ["2011 Census: KS209EW Religion, local authorities in England and Wales (Excel sheet 270Kb)" (xls). Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 7 July 2014.]

So what you're saying doesn't make much sense o.o
amonynimous
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Then you move on to say that Islam needs to reform, as a young British Muslim, I don't really understand what reforms you think I would need to do? I believe in science- in fact I'm a dentistry student,
Do you believe in human evolution?

I obey the law and I volunteer a lot in my local community.
Do you believe in stoning and amputations and other types of torture and execution under shariah and do you think that shariah is better than secular law?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.91%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.56%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.02%

Watched Threads