The Student Room Group

4 muslim arrested for plotting Remembrance Day attacks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by InnerTemple
You ought to report the post.

TSR has been tolerating Islamaphobia for ages now.

How is what OP said, Islamophobic?
Original post by R Dragon
How can you tell whether someone is Muslim just by looking at them? Not everyone who's brown is Muslim, and not all Muslims wear a headscarf .__.

Besides, I'm not going to be wearing a poppy, I hate war and all the soldiers that died? Good for them, they died for the greed of the few.
I care more about the innocent civilians that died, I couldn't care less about the unfortunate soldiers

What a truly disrespectful and horrible comment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h3isenberg
How is what OP said, Islamophobic?

It isn't overly - but if someone takes offence to it, they should report it. That is what the report function is there for.

However, the OP is well known for his attitudes towards Islam. His first post manages to associate an entire religion with the arrest of 4 individuals.

He deliberately double posted to make a bigger issue of this case. I believe that Ace123 has a quota of anti-Islam/Islam bashing threads he has to make per day.

There have been many Islamaphobic or racist posts on TSR. The most obvious one I have seen so far today said the 'P' word twice, referred to 'rice eating camel ****ers' and threatened that one day white people will unit to send anyone of dark skin back to where they came from.

There are some nasty folk on this forum who, I believe, have an agenda. I am not sure how this can best be tackled - but the site team need to know about it and the best way is to use the report function.
Original post by ukstudent1989
What a truly disrespectful and horrible comment!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's my opinion, I hate everything to do with war, I hate the soldiers, I hate the politicians that condone it and I hate the amount of money and resources we waste pursuing it.

I think instead of remembering the soldiers, we should remember the vast amount of innocent civilians (especially the children) who were wrongfully killed by our soldiers.
Reply 84
Jfc people are ignorant. Unless Muslims go out of their way to denounce something, you assume they support it. It's a really stupid way of thinking, and yes, it isn't real islam. Do we expect white people to go out of their way to apologize for colonialism?
I find it quite funny how the US and UK have probably killed millions of Muslims in their countries, yet when Muslims decide to avenge the death of their loved ones they probably kill a couple of hundred and then are labelled the "terrorists". Now I am not justifying what Muslims do they of course should be the better person and turn the other cheek but lets be honest when people kill innocent Muslims the media doesn't cover it. I.E. the Summer Isreal killed thousand of innocent CHILDREN and I swear the news did not even mention one thing about it. Lets be honest the media is biased and is somehow is out to make Islam an evil religion. Did you guys know that the whole Lee Rigby thing last year wasn't even real, this is even logical because if you watch the video of the guy there were people walking by him like nothing happened. Also have you guys seen the news paper which said somthing like "Muslim spiders with Ebola are coming to UK and are probably after benefits" YES thats right MUSLIM SPIDERS! Last time I checked Spiders were animals and didn't have religions :/ don't believe everything you read on newspapers cos its full of bull****!!
Reply 86
Original post by nimrodstower
I see very few Muslims wearing poppies, that might be a thing to think about doing.

I don't wear a poppy because I can't find a white one anywhere. Above any soldier, I care about the civilians who died, the children caught in recent wars who had no say in whether they were part. I care for the soldiers of the world wars, but as far as Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan go, much less. The monstrous acts soldiers have done in war are inexcusable. The Iraq war was started on false pretences and Isis is a result of our 'intervention' in the first place. Oh there's also the fact the EDL have hijacked the popy symbol.
Original post by InnerTemple
It isn't overly - but if someone takes offence to it, they should report it. That is what the report function is there for.

However, the OP is well known for his attitudes towards Islam. His first post manages to associate an entire religion with the arrest of 4 individuals.

He deliberately double posted to make a bigger issue of this case. I believe that Ace123 has a quota of anti-Islam/Islam bashing threads he has to make per day.

There have been many Islamaphobic or racist posts on TSR. The most obvious one I have seen so far today said the 'P' word twice, referred to 'rice eating camel ****ers' and threatened that one day white people will unit to send anyone of dark skin back to where they came from.

There are some nasty folk on this forum who, I believe, have an agenda. I am not sure how this can best be tackled - but the site team need to know about it and the best way is to use the report function.

There will always be a conflict between what someone sees as Islamophobic and what someone else sees as a right to freedom of speech and criticising a theology. I think the mods have to balance this.

I don't see much wrong with his first post. It is a misconception that Islam is a religion of peace, and no organised religion is peaceful; but if there is one that should be called peaceful it's certainly not Islam. Not sure about his other threads though so won't comment on that.

You're right, those sort of posts are unacceptable.
Original post by JustAStudent14
You don't know Islam then

You ever even been to Iraq or afghan? The Taliban regularly execute other Muslims. In fact the Taliban regularly go into towns threatening to behead people who don't follow strict sharia. Pre Taliban Afghanistan was well ahead of it's time, they had more female engineers then male. Cue a sharia enforcing Taliban and the whole country is back in the dark ages
How can you tell whether someone is Muslim just by looking at them? Not everyone who's brown is Muslim, and not all Muslims wear a headscarf .__.

Besides, I'm not going to be wearing a poppy, I hate war and all the soldiers that died? Good for them, they died for the greed of the few.
I care more about the innocent civilians that died, I couldn't care less about the unfortunate soldiers

I live in an area that has a large Muslim community, I know a lot of them, some are my neighbours. I think I can tell a Muslim from a Sikh or a Hindu or even a Christian.

Unfortunately War is hell, and Soldiers must do their duty, most modern soldiers join up for the benefits of army life, not to kill. The poppy is an emblem, it is not an emblem of war it is an emblem of peace and a mark of respect for all those who die in wars, whether they be soldiers or not, that is how I view Rememberance day. It is also very ingrained in the British way of life, so if you disrespect it, people are going to be hostile.
Original post by ZaynahM
I don't wear a poppy because I can't find a white one anywhere. Above any soldier, I care about the civilians who died, the children caught in recent wars who had no say in whether they were part. I care for the soldiers of the world wars, but as far as Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan go, much less. The monstrous acts soldiers have done in war are inexcusable. The Iraq war was started on false pretences and Isis is a result of our 'intervention' in the first place. Oh there's also the fact the EDL have hijacked the popy symbol.

This is the answer I gave to R Dragon, with a little bit extra.

Unfortunately War is hell, and Soldiers must do their duty, most modern soldiers join up for the benefits of army life, not to kill. The poppy is an emblem, it is not an emblem of war it is an emblem of peace and a mark of respect for all those who die in wars, whether they be soldiers or not, that is how I view Rememberance day. It is also very ingrained in the British way of life, so if you disrespect it, people are going to be hostile.

The EDL are not very much liked by the majority of Brits, they have not hijacked the Poppy, the Poppy is special to British culture, and we have not handed it over to Racists.
Reply 91
So it's brainless lefties and Muslims who don't wear poppies. Well, nobody could have predicted that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live in an area that has a large Muslim community, I know a lot of them, some are my neighbours. I think I can tell a Muslim from a Sikh or a Hindu or even a Christian.

How can you tell whether they're Muslim or not then?

I agree, war is terrible. I'm still standing by my views, I think the soldiers that died don't deserve my respect. I will only be remembering the innocent civilians.

I don't care if people are hostile. I'm going to do what I think is right
Reply 93

I agree, war is terrible. I'm still standing by my views, I think the soldiers that died don't deserve my respect. I will only be remembering the innocent civilians.

What if everyone objected to fighting and the Nazis took Europe?

End of the day, the British army have fought in a majority Muslim country in the last decade. Frankly that's as far as your thought process will go considering the British army. Even if they're for a good or bad reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Then don't complain when those who think of themselves as British first are hostile to your religion, culture or people. You cannot expect sympathy from people you clearly despise.
Original post by Ggmu!
What if everyone objected to fighting and the Nazis took Europe?

End of the day, the British army have fought in a majority Muslim country in the last decade. Frankly that's as far as your thought process will go considering the British army. Even if they're for a good or bad reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're being biased ._.

A remembrance poppy only commemorates the soldiers that died during WW1.

The money from donations go to Poppy Appeal which help military personnel.

As such, this is a waste of money. It would be better spent helping the victims of war, the innocent people who have suffered needlessly.

So as far as I'm concerned, the poppy has nothing to do with the wars in the last decade or the Nazis.
Reply 96
Lol typical
Reply 97
I think you're being biased ._.

A remembrance poppy only commemorates the soldiers that died during WW1.

The money from donations go to Poppy Appeal which help military personnel.

As such, this is a waste of money. It would be better spent helping the victims of war, the innocent people who have suffered needlessly.

So as far as I'm concerned, the poppy has nothing to do with the wars in the last decade or the Nazis.

And again, re read my post.

All I see is 'I'm a Muslim and I don't like the British army cause I'm Muslim'. The rest of it is waffle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
And again, re read my post.

All I see is 'I'm a Muslim and I don't like the British army cause I'm Muslim'. The rest of it is waffle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry if that's all you see.

I'm currently a dentistry student so my knowledge regarding optometry is not extensive, but I'd suggest speaking to one
Reply 99
This is the answer I gave to R Dragon, with a little bit extra.

The EDL are not very much liked by the majority of Brits, they have not hijacked the Poppy, the Poppy is special to British culture, and we have not handed it over to Racists.

I far from disrespect it, god no, if you want to wear one that's a choice you make and I wholly support it, and I've worn them in the past, but I would prefer to wear a white one because I feel like in encompasses my beliefs better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending