The Student Room Group

Are Financial sector jobs boring ?

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
My uncle does... I'm pretty sure some people do ... But then my geo teacher was a banker and he quit it because of the stress apparently but that's not to say he didn't find it interesting.
Reply 2
Original post by Vapor
I know most people are motivated by the money but does anyone actually find their finance-related jobs interesting ?
Whether a job is boring or not depends on the individual themselves. If you arent sure, why not try doing work experience or shadowing a finance professional to see how you find it?

:smile:
I agree with the above as everyone has different interests so what some might find interesting, others may find boring. Also, every job will have 'boring' aspects or aspects you dislike about it so you have to kind of achieve a balance because pursuing something solely based on money is not the right way to do it, you'll have to have some interest in it in the first place. Also 'finance-related' can encompass an enormous variety of different jobs too so the best thing to do as mentioned above is to get some work experience. Wish you the best.

Quick Reply

Latest