http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/auction...540.7437963mad
    I hope you can remove these before you hand it in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I hope you can remove these before you hand it in
    hehe yeah I'll have to clean the database out, it only takes a few seconds. I will sort out the spelling/error message problems now.

At least so far all the bugs have been easy to fix, there hasn't been any major flaws yet which is very good.

ReputationRep:
    On the very first page it says "click here to register" but you cant click on it

ReputationRep:
    when you register: "Date of Birth (d/mm/yyyy)" need two d's

and the password field isnt masked, so you can see the password

ReputationRep:
    On the registration page - mistakes
    Date of Birth (d/mm/yyyy) e..g - 2 dots in e.g and should be dd/mm/yyyy
    Profile - Enter a breif - brief
    Please your mayment method here - should be payment method
    Expirey date - Expiry Date

ReputationRep:
    The max size of the description is too small, so longer descriptions get cut off. Either put a script on to check that the size is ok before posting, and tel the user to change it if it isnt, or alter the database (or php file calling/submitting the record) to have higher desciption lengths.

ReputationRep:
    The search items doesnt appear to work correctly

ReputationRep:
    i better check this registration page. The password thing is easy to sort out, there may be a problem with the description lenghth depending on what the problem is.

By the way thank you very much people this has been a huge help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    The search items doesnt appear to work correctly
    It only works when entering an exact match of the product title. This isn't ideal though so I need to rethink how I am going to get the search thing to work properly.

ReputationRep:
    im not sure about the way where you have to type the filename of the photo to upload. Is there a better way to do it???

The auctions pages look really professional when they have a photo

ReputationRep:
    the stars for condition arent very self explanatory given the information you have to give on the new auction page

ReputationRep:
    Someone called Parp is pissing about. Someone has left negative rep on mad aswell :confused:

ReputationRep:
    whats with the message box that appears when you go on view all auctions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    Someone called Parp is pissing about. Someone has left negative rep on mad aswell :confused:
    ok sorry

btw - you need to disable javascripts - or all html

ReputationRep:
    Baron - I am not sure to be honest, my tutor just said given the limitations of the fact we have no control on the server if we did this way he won't penalise us even though its not ideal. You in the first box you have to type the file name but not location i.e just image.jpg then the second page you have to upload an image of the same name as the prevous one. I know its sucks.

Viviki - Yeah I need to explain that on the add new item page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    "stress testing". something i have learned when making PHP/databases which have user interaction like this, is that some tw*t will come along at some point and try javascripts, which redirect your site to one saying "woo i love barbie and S-Club junior" :mad:

edit: btw, if you add something in the "minidisc" category, it doesnt seem to come up in that page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    hhaha thanks. I just need to add do this:

<message entered in database >

to fix that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Baron - I am not sure to be honest, my tutor just said given the limitations of the fact we have no control on the server if we did this way he won't penalise us even though its not ideal. You in the first box you have to type the file name but not location i.e just image.jpg then the second page you have to upload an image of the same name as the prevous one. I know its sucks.

Viviki - Yeah I need to explain that on the add new item page.
    is there anyway you can take then file name from the second box? when you upload it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    is there anyway you can take then file name from the second box? when you upload it
    nope, I tried this on my last assignment and because of that browse thing I can't use the get post method on it. Also it would mean writing some code to remove the path.

ReputationRep:
    why is mint between average and very good that doesnt seem too logical to me

I got this when trying to add an item

Vinyl 7" and 12" Cassettes VHS Video DVD Minidisc/DAT
    Genre
    Indie Motown Rock Pop Classical

the end count is 12541.7679398
    date>
    the date is : datetest
    12540.7679398mad

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.