This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
yes. you do.

when you add an item as a minidisc, it doesnt appear in the minidisc category. You also need to add "dvd" to the categories on the "add item" page. Also, the "add item" page needs *every* box filled, which is inconvenient if you have no image to add, and dont want a "buy it now" price.
Yeah I'll fix that now, I was a bit hasty with that.

I've got a solid two weeks of checking sites/fixing bugs. Arghh how I am going to cope?
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
aha yeah ,all my SQL statements have a ' before and after ' the variable I want to pass through it. I didn't assume it would work if I didn't parse it. It would be a nice way to get out of bound data

I now need to stop this bugger posting javascript in my forms.
strip_tags() and addslashes() are very useful for this kind of thing...

You probably want to also pass all of your description strings etc. through nl2br() before you display them so that users' carriage returns are respected.
AT82
Rep:
?
so would somthing simple like this work?
strip_tags(<script>);
$text="<script";
$newinput strip_tags($text, '$input');

work?
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
strip_tags() and addslashes() are very useful for this kind of thing...
i use htmlentities to do this. It saves the text, but saves it to the db using htmlentities (surprisingly). I prefer that, because it shows up all the ppl who think they can outsmart me by using html/scripts
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so would somthing simple like this work?
strip_tags(<script>);
$text="<script";
$newinput strip_tags($text, '$input');

work?
What are you trying to achieve?
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i use htmlentities to do this. It saves the text, but saves it to the db using htmlentities (surprisingly). I prefer that, because it shows up all the ppl who think they can outsmart me by using html/scripts
LOL. PHP seems to have a function for literally everything; it's annoying because you never actually have to code anything.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
LOL. PHP seems to have a function for literally everything; it's annoying because you never actually have to code anything.
yep. i think thats why PHP is so fun...

or is it because im so sad? meh, one of the two..
AT82
Rep:
?
hehe yeah the function Dickie mentioned sorted it. I tried typing in <b>testing bold</b>

it now reads as <b>testing bold</b> instead of making the text bold it adds the tags instead. Its perfect for what I need. Almost like a name and shame feature.

I really need to study the PHP manual in depth, I am amazed how many features are on there.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe yeah the function Dickie mentioned sorted it. I tried typing in <b>testing bold</b>

it now reads as <b>testing bold</b> instead of making the text bold it adds the tags instead. Its perfect for what I need. Almost like a name and shame feature.

I really need to study the PHP manual in depth, I am amazed how many features are on there.
is there rep there for helping you?
AT82
Rep:
?
is there rep there for helping you?
Yes but not until 8:00 tomorrow, I would have repped you already if I could.

Its so damn typical I don't give rep for days then loads of people deserve rep within in an hour! You're next in line though. If I forget PM me but I am sure I won't.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes but not until 8:00 tomorrow, I would have repped you already if I could.

Its so damn typical I don't give rep for days then loads of people deserve rep within in an hour! You're next in line though. If I forget PM me but I am sure I won't.
lol. sod's law rear's its ugly head again :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (73)
18.53%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (79)
20.05%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (75)
19.04%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (85)
21.57%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (41)
10.41%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
10.41%

Watched Threads