Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    yes. you do.

when you add an item as a minidisc, it doesnt appear in the minidisc category. You also need to add "dvd" to the categories on the "add item" page. Also, the "add item" page needs *every* box filled, which is inconvenient if you have no image to add, and dont want a "buy it now" price.
    Yeah I'll fix that now, I was a bit hasty with that.

I've got a solid two weeks of checking sites/fixing bugs. Arghh how I am going to cope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    aha yeah ,all my SQL statements have a ' before and after ' the variable I want to pass through it. I didn't assume it would work if I didn't parse it. It would be a nice way to get out of bound data

I now need to stop this bugger posting javascript in my forms.
    strip_tags() and addslashes() are very useful for this kind of thing...

You probably want to also pass all of your description strings etc. through nl2br() before you display them so that users' carriage returns are respected.

ReputationRep:
    so would somthing simple like this work?
    strip_tags(<script>);
    $text="<script";
    $newinput strip_tags($text, '$input');

work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    strip_tags() and addslashes() are very useful for this kind of thing...
    i use htmlentities to do this. It saves the text, but saves it to the db using htmlentities (surprisingly). I prefer that, because it shows up all the ppl who think they can outsmart me by using html/scripts

ReputationRep:
    so would somthing simple like this work?
    strip_tags(<script>);
    $text="<script";
    $newinput strip_tags($text, '$input');

work?
    What are you trying to achieve?

ReputationRep:
    i use htmlentities to do this. It saves the text, but saves it to the db using htmlentities (surprisingly). I prefer that, because it shows up all the ppl who think they can outsmart me by using html/scripts
    LOL. PHP seems to have a function for literally everything; it's annoying because you never actually have to code anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    LOL. PHP seems to have a function for literally everything; it's annoying because you never actually have to code anything.
    yep. i think thats why PHP is so fun...

or is it because im so sad? meh, one of the two..

ReputationRep:
    hehe yeah the function Dickie mentioned sorted it. I tried typing in <b>testing bold</b>

it now reads as <b>testing bold</b> instead of making the text bold it adds the tags instead. Its perfect for what I need. Almost like a name and shame feature.

I really need to study the PHP manual in depth, I am amazed how many features are on there.

ReputationRep:
    hehe yeah the function Dickie mentioned sorted it. I tried typing in <b>testing bold</b>

it now reads as <b>testing bold</b> instead of making the text bold it adds the tags instead. Its perfect for what I need. Almost like a name and shame feature.

I really need to study the PHP manual in depth, I am amazed how many features are on there.
    is there rep there for helping you?

ReputationRep:
    is there rep there for helping you?
    Yes but not until 8:00 tomorrow, I would have repped you already if I could.

Its so damn typical I don't give rep for days then loads of people deserve rep within in an hour! You're next in line though. If I forget PM me but I am sure I won't.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but not until 8:00 tomorrow, I would have repped you already if I could.

Its so damn typical I don't give rep for days then loads of people deserve rep within in an hour! You're next in line though. If I forget PM me but I am sure I won't.
    lol. sod's law rear's its ugly head again :rolleyes:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.