~| There Is No Such Thing As Friendship |~

Watch
The Dictator
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
All human relationships are based on pure utilitarianism. Emotional reasons are encompassed by utilitarianism, because human relationships are useful for expressing and satiating our emotions.

"Biology is heartless. There is no heart in biology."-Me
louieee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Dictator)
All human relationships are based on pure utilitarianism. Emotional reasons are encompassed by utilitarianism, because human relationships are useful for expressing and satiating our emotions.

bae I had to learn about the circulatory system for ages in AS biology what are you even saying can we not promote racism please
Sesshomaru24U
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did you just quote yourself?
The Dictator
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sesshomaru24U)
Did you just quote yourself?
Yes. I made that quote up.
Comus
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Surely friendship still exists its just that it (and other forms of group bonding), have a root that is ultimately selfish?
The Dictator
Rep:
?
(Original post by Comus)
Surely friendship still exists its just that it (and other forms of group bonding), have a root that is ultimately selfish?
Of course they do.
Yeah dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's bull.
Science will never match the willpower soul and fight that true friends will do for eachother. Science is a quitter and gives up, real friends never give up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Micccol
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Dictator)

No.. Psychological egoism has long been responded too by philosophers. Just because a car uses gas, does not mean that its sole purpose or root purpose is to burn gas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Dictator
Rep:
?
(Original post by Micccol)
No.. Psychological egoism has long been responded too by philosophers. Just because a car uses gas, does not mean that its sole purpose or root purpose is to burn gas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A car is used for transportation. It is intrinsically USEFUL for the vast majority of people. Like friendship it isn't for all.
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think you understand what utilitarianism really is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (260)
33.9%
No (507)
66.1%

Watched Threads