The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

University life

Hi, I am thinking about applying to Loughborough, when I visited the place, I noticed there wasn't much of a city... Does it matter or will i just love the uni as much? thanks :smile:
Hi caryso

Well I think you'll love it but I'm biased :biggrin:

It really depends on what you want. You're right - Loughborough isn't a city, it's a town. However there are loads of things going on on campus all the time, so it's probably less relevant - the campus is like a town in it's own right.

If you love city life, Nottingham & Leicester are only a short train ride away and that could work for you. But if you want to be in the middle of the city 24/7, then it's probably not the right place for you.

Only you can make that decision - it depends on what's important to you :smile:

Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Dear Vicky,
Thank you for your help and advice! :smile:
Carys

Posted from TSR Mobile
No problem, if you need to know anything else, just ask.
Vicky
Reply 4
Is the accommdation all mixed sex?
You get use to it.

Coming from London it hit me quite hard at first how quiet/small Loughborough is last year... but when it comes down to it when you include time:

studying (not so much first years)
clubbing (+recovering)
chilling with your friends (remember you'll likely live with them so it's not like school you'll see them 24/7 almost)
...and join a society/sport or two

...it quickly becomes a case of how to fit it all in. There really are so many different societies and I don't think I need to say more about sport at Loughborough that... if you become "bored"... to be frank you probably need to look at yourself and ask have I given anything a proper try.
Hi zarasa_

The accommodation is predominantly mixed sex yes.

Vicky
Reply 7
What are some of the activities we can do at Loughborough?How long is a shopping centre away from the campus?
Hi turiga 28

The town centre is only about a mile away from campus, so easy to walk it, or there are buses running every few minutes too.

There's so much to do on campus, you're best bet would be to look at the clubs and societies available online. Click on the Time of Your Life tab for more info.

Hope that helps a bit :smile:
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending