Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    there's my (largely friends only) lj: www.livejournal.com/~iliedtoyou

then there's the grossly neglected http://www.all-to-no-avail.co.uk which my friend last updated in feb :eek:

i used to have www.gatokittygal.co.uk (now dead and redundant, rip)

i have an offline diary which no-one but me sees.

i love my memories and want to keep them forever.
    hehe you websites are very 'dark'. everyone seems to keep an offline one as well. sometimes i read back at the stuff i wrote a while ago, its very interesting, you noticed how you;ve change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I've got a tabulas, but like others I'm not going to give you the adress (even though I have a nice layout ).

I only write in mine when I'm like "Gawd, I'm so happy... today couldn't be better" and the next entry is like "**** off, **** you all". I'd look like a weirdo, when I'm not.
    yeah you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Thanks! Yeah I'm a big horses fan (hence my name on here and my avatar!).

Your websites cool too
    thanks!! do you live in newmarket or soemthing? you in any of those pictures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    hehe you websites are very 'dark'. everyone seems to keep an offline one as well. sometimes i read back at the stuff i wrote a while ago, its very interesting, you noticed how you;ve change.
    I used to write poems instead of a 'journal' journal when I was about 14, some of them were pretty sad, I remember once my mum found one about my grandad who died when I was 5 or 6 and it made her cry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I used to write poems instead of a 'journal' journal when I was about 14, some of them were pretty sad, I remember once my mum found one about my grandad who died when I was 5 or 6 and it made her cry...
    awww..so you been writing since you were 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interiority)
    For people wanting to start a blog with little computer knowledge, I highly recommend Typepad. It's easy to use and, though many Typepad sites look similar, with a little thought you can make your blog look unique. For those with more computer knowledge, there's the more flexible Movable Type, though you do need to be comfortable configuring and installing Perl scripts on a web server.
    loads of people say movable type is the best, but i never understood how it works. is it a hosting service? designing service?

ReputationRep:
    awww..so you been writing since you were 5?
    nope, not unless you count made up stories about zoos...
    the poem was written on the eve of my 14th birthday but it was sort of looking back about how I'd never hear my grandad say happy birthday again to me and all this other stuff...

ReputationRep:
    loads of people say movable type is the best, but i never understood how it works. is it a hosting service? designing service?
    It's basically a just a blogging tool... you use it to type your entries in, it sorts out the archives, you can have comments with it etc. I used it on one of my old blogs, but it's a pain to install- I had to get a friend to help me. You need your own webspace with cgi and pearl, etc to use it as well.

For my current blog I use wordpress, which is kind of similar but which uses php instead of cgi.

ReputationRep:
    I set one up just now... http://www.ebloggy.com/blog.php?user...isspink01&id=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I set one up just now... http://www.ebloggy.com/blog.php?user...isspink01&id=1
    is that you just setup to show me how movable type works or one you actually gonna keep?

ReputationRep:
    is that you just setup to show me how movable type works or one you actually gonna keep?

ah that is something only time will tell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

ah that is something only time will tell
    or you

ReputationRep:
    haha not really, i just liked the pic and decided to use it!

i'm normally a cheerful person, honest! just not today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    haha not really, i just liked the pic and decided to use it!

i'm normally a cheerful person, honest! just not today
    whats the matter today?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.